PDA

View Full Version : bow storage

bowgramp59
10-06-2009, 08:34 PM
i have 2 martin moab bows , just had complete shoulder replacment on left shoulder, want be shooting for a good long time. should i back the limbs off on my bows to store them ? they will be in climate controled storage. thanks for any info!

alex
10-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Bowgramp, sorry to hear about your health problems! If you won't use the bows for over 6 months i'd say to back the bolts all the way down till there's no pressure on the limbs, string and cable. Before that wax them good and put some oil on the bolts.Wish you quick recovery and good health! :)

alex
10-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Sorry, i've forgotten this - take some pictures of the cams in order to adjust everything as it was when the time comes.

Montalaar
10-07-2009, 12:02 AM
I agree with Alex.

Turn those limbbolts out until you can see daylight through the barrel nut. When doing so you can prevent the limbs from loosing pounds and your bow will be alright whenever you feel to use it again.

I would recommend to lay it down onto a pillowy face like foam. I cannot recommend to hang your bow on a bow rack on the wall. This will have no influence for a time but if you want to go the safe way put it on a soft surface.

bowgramp59
10-07-2009, 05:35 PM
thanks for the info! both bows have soft cases for storage.