PDA

View Full Version : Noise Concerns with "Stinger Rest W/Universal Mount - 2943"

JohnnyThunder
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I have this rest on my Martin Saber. I'm generally very pleased with how the bow shoots with this rest, but when I draw the bow the carbon arrows make a horrible noise dragging against the metal.

I'm concerned that this noise may cost me opportunities to take deer.

I really have no issue with the rest other than the fact that it makes too much noise when drawing the bow.

I know that there are things that can be installed on my bow, like the STS, stabilizers, silencers, etc.. but I wonder if I would be better off with a quieter drawing rest ?

Help me out, season opens in a week so if I change the rest I need to do it right away so I have a chance to get used to the change.

Thanks!

davydtune
10-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Are you just drawing across the bare metal? If so you can get heat shrink tubes that go over the prongs. That would help a ton.

JohnnyThunder
10-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes I'm drawing across the bare metal.

Would heat shrink tubes interfere with my shot at all ? Where can I get some to try that ?

davydtune
10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes I'm drawing across the bare metal.

Would heat shrink tubes interfere with my shot at all ? Where can I get some to try that ?

No not at all. Most hardwares have it, just have to make sure it is small enough in dia. Also easily found on ebay. They also sell one called hush tubes that you glue on. Let me find ya a link. Be right back.

davydtune
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
These would be perfect for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEFLON-ARROW-REST-SILENCING-TUBES-Slick-Hush-Quiet-Bow_W0QQitemZ200391203547QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item2ea83f1adb

JohnnyThunder
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Thank you.