PDA

View Full Version : Martin STS system ?

JohnnyThunder
10-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Can anyone tell me how complicated or not installation of the Martin STS system would be on my 09 Saber ?

Is it somehting I could easily accomplish on my own without any extraordinary effort like taking the bow apart or putting it on a bow press or anything like that ?

Basically what I want to know is, if I order one do I have a high chance of successfully installing it on my own, or should I plan on leaving my bow at a pro-shop and let them do it ?

davydtune
10-09-2009, 12:18 PM
As long as the Saber has the hole in the back side of the riser, below the grip, yeah you can do it. Not to hard. Biggest thing is to make sure once in place that the string just barely touches the stopper or even better has a business cards width of space between.

JohnnyThunder
10-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Got it installed today, and it sure is nice.

First of all let me say I never really thought that there was noticable kick or vibration to begin with. But with the STS my groups went from grapefruit sized at 20 yards to lemon sized at 30. And it definitely is quiet now, again not that I ever thought it was loud in the first place -- just now that I have the STS on there its amazing how quiet.