PDA

View Full Version : new to the martin tech forum

scooter079
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
hello everyone i just joined today but have done alot of research on here i have been shooting martin for a few years now since i bought my martin in 2004. I have martin mv2 with furry cams i love the bow its ok on the fast side and very acurate. i am in the market for a new bow and have been looking at the fire hawk and the moab i am not as concerned with speed i just want a martin and want the most smooth and stealthy bow they make so if anyone has some advise please help out .....thanks

Ray from Auburn
10-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Have a 09 Bengal myself and it's ok, though not my favorite bow to shoot.

alex
10-13-2009, 05:54 AM
If you're willing to spend some more money - MOAB, if not - Cheetah or Bengal. The Firecat is a great bow and since you aren't a begginer it's a good choice, but it is a little more hard to pull, because of the cams.

bfisher
10-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Welcome to the forums. I'm not one to give advice on which cam style to choose. I'm not such a great fan of the "easy draw" cams these days. Number one, they are all single cams and after shooting them for many years I've gravitated back to more or less dual or binary cams.

I've owned both a 2009 Moab and a 2008 FireCat and my personal choice is the FireCat. Sure, it has a harder cam, but it can achieve the same speed as a Moab at about 8# less draw weight so seems smoother on the draw.

Also, if I could get my paws on a Warthog that would fit my short draw length then that would be my choice simply because of the longer axle to axle length. At 35" it's plenty short enough for treestand hunting, contrary to what younger guys think. The longer A2A also can mean less limb twist (cam lean) and/or wear of the cables at or near the modules.

I've actually written about this several times on the forum so if you do a search you'll probably find a little more detail about my theory. The FireCat costs more, but comes with much better strings---something you might consider.