PDA

View Full Version : What is the string and cable length of the 09 cheetah?

timtim146
10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Ok so i bought a 2009 martin cheetah here about 7 months ago and my string is waring quite a bit. I wasn't to happy with the string to begin with but now im just tired of it. I am going to put a new string on this winter but i do not know how long the string and cable is or how to measure it so can anyone tell me how long it is? thanks :) (09 martin cheetah, 30" draw 50-60 pounds)

davydtune
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.martinarchery.com/tech2009.php

alex
10-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Tim, you should have a label on your bow's lower limb in which there's an info about the string and cable length and the poundage. If it's lost check the link which davydtune gave. :)

bfisher
10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Ok so i bought a 2009 martin cheetah here about 7 months ago and my string is waring quite a bit. I wasn't to happy with the string to begin with but now im just tired of it. I am going to put a new string on this winter but i do not know how long the string and cable is or how to measure it so can anyone tell me how long it is? thanks :) (09 martin cheetah, 30" draw 50-60 pounds)

To be honest, if you are getting strings from one of the major aftermarket makers then you probably don't need the info. They should have it.

I can never get over the fact that whoever is in charge, they never seem to supply a new sticker with new limbs. It would sure save a few headaches.

timtim146
10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Im gonna change the string after this season and hopefully it will make this bow that i want it to be. Another question though, what would be a good brand of string to get? I have a few ideas but id rather know about what im getting before i get it.

davydtune
10-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Im gonna change the string after this season and hopefully it will make this bow that i want it to be. Another question though, what would be a good brand of string to get? I have a few ideas but id rather know about what im getting before i get it.

Go to Archery Talk. Many great string makers over there. Bucknasty, Sixx Strings, Extreme Strings, Schmitdys Strings, H&M, Little Jon, ect. All great strings. ;)

bfisher
10-20-2009, 09:22 AM
To add to this the info you seek is right in the Tech Info section at www.martinarchery.com

String is 85" and the cable is 31.5".

timtim146
10-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Ok thanks again lol. Ive been looking at vapor trail strings now because people said there just as good as winners choice and there cheaper. Any experience with those? im on sort of a budget so cheaper would help lol

davydtune
10-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Ok thanks again lol. Ive been looking at vapor trail strings now because people said there just as good as winners choice and there cheaper. Any experience with those? im on sort of a budget so cheaper would help lol

I think they are better IMO. Never had any luck with Winners Choice.

Dave308
10-20-2009, 05:08 PM
You should really check into H&M bowstrings. I have 2 sets that Mike made and they are awesome. Its gonna be hard to beat 42.00 a set shipped for a custom string set.

bfisher
10-20-2009, 06:32 PM
You should really check into H&M bowstrings. I have 2 sets that Mike made and they are awesome. Its gonna be hard to beat 42.00 a set shipped for a custom string set.

I'm not going to endorse H&M, because I haven't tried them----yet. I'm considering them when I replace the ones on my FireCat---probably in the spring.

I wouldn't be afraid of Vapor Trail either. WC is good, but expensive. Bucknasty is very good. Prostrings are another. These are just the ones I've used. Somebody has to be a Guinea pig.

drevilmike77
10-20-2009, 06:47 PM
I have Vapot Trail and my bow speed went up 9 F.P.S.:D

timtim146
10-21-2009, 08:21 PM
yeah im probably gonna go with vapor trails but its gonna be about 2 months till i switch out so ill keep an open mind :) I think ima take my old tm hunter off and switch to a drop away and maybe a octane stabilizer also. Them with the new string should get me shooting how i would like lol

timtim146
10-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Ive been hearing alot about the vapor trail limb driver. Everyone has good things to say about it and im really thinking about buying this as well anyone ever used this? Im not so sure if i like the idea of running a string to my top limb and i was wondering if i could run the string to the bottom limb? lol

Montalaar
10-21-2009, 11:03 PM
I have Vapot Trail and my bow speed went up 9 F.P.S.:D

Yeah.. The use 14 strand strings instead of 20+ strand....

Timtim,

you could also connect the limb driver to the lower limb but you might have to tinker with the rest for that.

timtim146
10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Yea im probably gonna get that and mess around with it a bit. The biggest problem with my bow is the main serving on my string cam loose somehow?? and every time i draw back my d loop slides n pinches my nock and pulls my arrow off the rest. Any similar problems with ayone elses cheetah or anything else? lol

timtim146
11-01-2009, 08:13 PM
so im getting the vapor trails in about a month has anyone put vt's on a 09 cheetah? how do they work out on it with the ccs?

RogerSr
11-01-2009, 09:03 PM
I put a set of H&M bow strings on my Mystic, and they are very good, I've used a lot of different strings over the years, and the H&M's are as good as any of them, but they were $95.00 for shoot throughs.

Montalaar
11-02-2009, 02:37 AM
so im getting the vapor trails in about a month has anyone put vt's on a 09 cheetah? how do they work out on it with the ccs?

You could ask them to put a serving over the cable where it should hit the CCS....

bfisher
11-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Serving where the string/cable pass roll through the CCS and over the idler wheel is something I did with my Moab soon after I got it. I wasn't seeing any wear on the rigging, but there was yellow residue from them on the rollers so I figured just nip it in the bud before anything bad started happening. I used end-loop serving for the smaller diameter.