PDA

View Full Version : S30x

Spiker
10-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Scepterman - here is a bit of previous chat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker
Maybe you can help me with this project. I have a 1995 Ultimate Beast. It has the recurve XRG limbs and ultra sonic cams. It has an ATA of 42" and BH is 6 3/4". (from what I can dig up it is the same as the late '90's Pantera but with ultra sonics) I want to replace the old steel cable rigging with strings and swap the ultra sonics with a set of nitrous cams.
I plan on using the long axles (furious X) and yokes for the control cables - I dont think this will be a big issue. I guess my question is will the XRG limbs handle this? Are they the same as 'Elite' limbs? And are the axle diameters the same?
Any help - comments - wisecracks - will be greatly appreciated !

It will work fine. Just make sure you take the following to heart:

1. Make sure your XRG limbs are laminated glass and not the older wood laminates...and if they are just make sure you stay away from IBO specs with it. It probably won't hurt it but better be safe than sorry.

2. I will assume you will be using NOS A cams. If so for a 42" A/A you will need a shoot string of 54.5" and buss cables of 43.75" plus or minus 1/4" for either will work in a pinch if you dont want to build or buy new strings. From my experience a string to cable difference of 10.75" is perfect (for the NOS A cam). With this combination you should have about a 60 lb. draw weight if your limbs have a deflection of 5H or 6L on the Elite/XRG limbs. Tell me what the deflection # is on them and I can give you an idea of what draw weight you will be pulling.

The bow is in essence a '94 '95 M-70 Pantera. I have Elite limbs (glass) that are 7L's. 42" ATA & right about 7" BH.
The cams are NOS X 'B's. So - - - will that be a 57.5" string and the same cables or... am I totally off? And will the 7L's put me at about 65#?

Thanks up front. !

scepterman30x
10-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Yes...you are right on the money. three inch longer string, same length cables and about 55-60lbs. or a tad more of draw weight since you will be going to a larger dia. cam.
Let me know how it turns out.

Spiker
10-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks - I shall.

Spiker
10-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Maybe I am over thinking this but:

We agree that for a 42" ata with Nitrous B's, standard X modules, the string and cables should be 57.5" & 43.75".

However - in looking thru old catalogs and spec charts - the '04 Cougar III Elite with the 'B's had an ata of 42 3/8" and calls for 56.75" & 43" string and cables.

That tells me that I am going to be putting on ones that are .75" longer on a bow that is going to have an ata 3/8" shorter... ???

Am I not thinking about this correctly or is there a reason for using the longer string/cables?

scepterman30x
10-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Reguardless of what the specs say I can tell you this, if you will build, buy or whatever your string set at:

57.25" string
43.5" cables

for the B cams you will have an A/A of 42"...maybe right on or + or - 1/8" depending on how or who builds your strings or how much they (strings and cables) are twisted up or untwisted in relation to each other .

Spiker
10-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Reguardless of what the specs say I can tell you this, if you will build, buy or whatever your string set at:

57.25" string
43.5" cables

for the B cams you will have an A/A of 42"...maybe right on or + or - 1/8" depending on how or who builds your strings or how much they (strings and cables) are twisted up or untwisted in relation to each other .

Thank You!
I will go with your expertise and have my stringmaker get started on them.
I should get my riser powdercoated today if I dont get too jammed up with other work.
Will post results.

THANKS AGAIN !!!