PDA

View Full Version : modules for cougar 2000 xrg.

bigbob
10-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Bow had f3 module when I got it which was too short for my draw. Ordered a F 5 , but got sent a F6, ended up using it but have problems. On the Martin spec sheet there is a list of modules and d/l but F6 is missing from specs. This is for the Fuzion cam. Also the origonal F3 appears to be an alloy and this F 6 is plastic, and am having trouble with the mod chewing my cable serving. The cam has new bushes and doesn't appear to have any lean By the specs even though it's not in the chart it should give me 33'' -- 34'' instead of a bare 31 1/2 What gives? Are all mods alloy and which one should I use to get 32'' draw, and what might be the cause of the existing mod lunching on my cable? Thanks for any help.

scepterman30x
10-20-2009, 02:02 PM
If you are using the F-6 then you need the F-7 to give you an exta inch. You can also use the post to adjust it biy 1/2" also.

bigbob
10-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks for your reply scepterman. According to martin spec. sheet I should get 33'' with a F 5 yet this F6 mod gives me a bare 31 1/2 on the last post, What about it being plastic? Are aftermarket mods made from plastic and genuine ones from alloy? And lastly why is it chewing my cable? Hope you can enlighten me a little.

bigbob
10-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Anyone got an answer?

Spiker
10-21-2009, 05:55 PM
module sets that come with a bow are plastic so you can figure out which one works for you. If you order an individul one from Martin - it is metal.

bigbob
10-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks Spiker for your reply. Original one [F5] was alloy. F6 I bought through bow shop was plastic.Still dont know why it is only giving me 31 1/2 on longest post when it should give me at least 33'' and why it is chewing cable serving when F 5 did not. Martin have a blank space in the spec charts for the 2000 cougar with Fuzion cam for F 6, i.e., has specs for F5 - blank- then F 7 Could it be that for some obscure reason the F 6 is not compatable?

bigbob
10-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Any one got any idea why a f 6 fibre [ spelt the right way over here]module even if it's not listed on specs chart would only give me 31 1/2'' when an F 5 should give 33''. Both string and split are to specs, ie 106'' and 45'' Also original F 3 alloy mod has a chamfer on one edge matching cable groove on cam whereas fibre mod doesnt, meaning there is a mismatched edge or lip where two meet leading to cable serving damage.Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I need another 1 /2'' draw [32''] and F 5 should give me a max of 33'' and F 7 34'' If I get a F 5 I could end up shorter considering what F 6 is giving me even though it reads right on specs. If F 7 gives me what it says on specs it will be too long ! Help!