PDA

View Full Version : 92% Letoff on Warthog

Montalaar
10-21-2009, 01:41 AM
I just received my new Martin Warthog and started to set it up when i noticed that the letoff seemed to too high. I measured my bow to get some clarification on it and came up with a 92% Letoff!

C.A.T.-Cam
Draw Weight: 55lbs
Draw Length by Module: 31"
Holding Weight: 4 lbs
Measured Letoff: approx. 92%

How can this be? It even looks like as if the Modules would not touch the cables at full draw. I read the posts from nuts&bolts about cam timing and followed them as good as i could. Now the draw stop is set to a much lower letoff but my draw lengths is around 30". So i ask myself if everything is set up right or if i made a mistake anywhere...

What should i do? Any information is appreciated. I ask you here because i got no help out of AT.

davydtune
10-21-2009, 06:35 AM
Normally I'd say go with a longer draw mod and move the stop to shorten it up to your draw but your already all the way out there. :confused: Sorry I'm not sure. Is everything to spec? ATA, BH, ect.

bfisher
10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Simon,

I saw this posted on AT, too. All this time waiting for your Hog and now you're having some difficulties. Honestly, the only thing that runs through my mind is that the cams are way over rotated. Still, I can't see how you'd get 92%.

Guess I'll just sit by the wayside and see who says what.

Spiker
10-21-2009, 08:49 AM
How much gap do you have between the cable and post?
(arrow on this pic)

Montalaar
10-21-2009, 09:08 AM
I will measure the gap friday (or to be precise in around 40h). I read the article by nuts and bolts and adjusted the cam so that the little hole next to the 'CAT' touches the limb. Maybe someone can measre the gab between string and the end of the string groove...

I do not believe that the cam is this much overrotated but i am sure that the letoff is this small as i had already mx first accident with the bow when the riser slapped me in the face.

alex
10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Can you make the letoff 65% till you find out how to fix the problem? I can't even imagine how the riser can hit your face, but this looks very dangerous.

Montalaar
10-21-2009, 10:06 AM
TO change the letoff to 65% i will have to set the drawstop to the 30" DL position. My normal DL is in the range of 31.5" so it would be 1.5" too short! (Just think about that in cm Alex. This would mean around 3.8cm away from the standard anchor in my face!)

alex
10-21-2009, 11:41 AM
:( That's too bad, Simon! Can you ask your dealer (don't know whether you can call directly to Martin in the States). May be they'll be able to help.In a previous thread you have written that your bow is too loud and you had to tighten the module-may be something's wrong with your cams? Good luck and hope your bow will be OK!

Montalaar
10-21-2009, 12:27 PM
I tightened the moduls because one screw was a bit loose. I do not think that something is wrong with them. I purchased the bow not from my pro shop but i will call them tomorrow afternoon and ask the owner if he has some ideas.

Oh and if you want to know how the riser slapped my in the face... i had the bow on my drawboard to measure the draw weight and letoff. While i slowly released the tension on the string/let it go forward the riser slipped from the drawboard and was pulled back to the string with arrow knocked onto it. Unfortunately my head was in the way.

alex
10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Hope you're well...Thanks God, i don't have problems with my bow yet, but i'm "getting cold" to compounds. The traditional bows aren't so fast or accurate but the simpler the better - string it and shoot it.

alex
10-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Oops, i just figured it out that "getting cold" means something else in English :o It's late here and my knowledges in foreign languages lessened :)

Spiker
10-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Dont know if this will help any but I have 20mm. of groove showing from string to end of groove.

Montalaar
10-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Today i measured the distance between cable and post: 3.5mm -> 0.14"

The end of the groove in my cam is around 1cm = 10mm = approx 0.4" away from the string. The length of the groove from string to end is 1.5cm = 15mm = 0.59".

I called my pro shop yesterday and he told me that i should move the drawstop forward at first. Nothing what i did not knew before. The interesting thing is that he told me not to shoot 'the CAT Cam out of the Module'. So the Cables should not touch the Module at all when at full draw for better performance.

Spiker
10-23-2009, 05:49 AM
Mine dont touch the modules at full draw either. I have the module set for a 29" draw, position #7 but have the draw stop moved so it hits the limb at about 28.25" It gives me about 70% let off.

Spiker
10-23-2009, 04:26 PM
...forgot all about the 'ol Hog once ya seen the Shadowcat I suppose...:D

Montalaar
10-24-2009, 12:24 AM
I still shoot it as i shoot my older Razors. But i may sell it to get the money for the shadowcat. ;)