PDA

View Full Version : Martin Fury X cams

scooter079
10-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone knew much about the fury X cams i have had a martin mv2 with fury x cams for about 3 years now and could never find much info about them besides they are acurate my biggest question is i did read something about haveing to have the poundage maxxed and the bow will obviously be faster but it also said it will be more quiet just wondering how true that is because the bow is fast and accurate but i would like it to be more quiet and cant figure out how

bfisher
10-30-2009, 08:23 AM
What year was the bow made? There is tech info on Martin's website that might help. The charts go back to 2001.

True that bows shoot faster maxed out. Of course they will. Higher poundage always does. That doesn't mean you need to jack the weight up. You still have to shoot the bow where it tunes the best and you can shoot it accurately. Limb bolts are on a bow so you can turn it down as well as up.

Also true that they are usually more quiet maxed out, or close to it. The rigging is tighter and less apt to sound like a rubber band. Same advice as above applies, though.

Things you can do to make the bow more quiet: Add string silencers, add limb savers, a good stabilizer, shoot a heavier arrow.

Is the bow for hunting? Maybe it's not so much the bow as the accessories on the bow. Quivers in particular.

scooter079
10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
the bow is a 2005 and all of my acceseries i put on it were also intended to reduce noise i tried to get as close to top of the line as i could get even got one of the top dollor limbsaver stabilizers and yes it is for hunting