PDA

View Full Version : Difference between the 09 cheetah and 2010 firecat tr1?

timtim146
10-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Ok so im looking at the new firecat tr1 and other than the shorter brace height and the longer axle to axle than the cheetah whats the difference? lol sorry im jw cuz im bored :]

Jake-the-snake
10-30-2009, 10:11 AM
I actually think its the moab renamed Firecat TR-1...but the TR1 comes standard with a CCS and STS, and its a pro series so it might have the better strings:)

timtim146
10-30-2009, 03:48 PM
yeah thats probably it lol i was just a little curious :]

stehawk
10-31-2009, 07:40 AM
I actually think its the moab renamed Firecat TR-1...but the TR1 comes standard with a CCS and STS, and its a pro series so it might have the better strings:)

Ding ding---we have a winner:D

C Bailey
11-02-2009, 01:23 PM
What about the new Pantera? It seems only marginally different with respect to specifications, but is a Gold series bow vs. the Pro Series Firecat. I'm interested to hear what makes the Firecat worthy of the Pro Series designation and how these two compare with respect to price. The catalog indicates they have the same strings; the Pantera comes with the full CCS and STS package like the Firecat; the Pantera comes cloaked as standard, unlike the Firecat.

Spiker
11-02-2009, 03:01 PM
What about the new Pantera? It seems only marginally different with respect to specifications, but is a Gold series bow vs. the Pro Series Firecat. I'm interested to hear what makes the Firecat worthy of the Pro Series designation and how these two compare with respect to price. The catalog indicates they have the same strings; the Pantera comes with the full CCS and STS package like the Firecat; the Pantera comes cloaked as standard, unlike the Firecat.

I believe the strings are different (non 'Dakota' on the Pantera) and the risers are for sure.
Appears the limb angle may be a slight bit different too (resulting in the different brace and ata) which would make them have a different feel when shot.
Speeds may be the same...
jmo...

C Bailey
11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
The Firecat spec table indicates that it comes with the same standard strings. The Pantera geometry looks a bit different, with what seems like more vertical limb pockets (if you can still call them that) but more beyond-parallel geometry at full draw, but the ATA and BH are only different by 1/8". Either way, the Pantera seems like a pretty nice addition to the line. I actually like the riser lines a bit more on the Pantera. I still wonder what the price difference will be.

Montalaar
11-02-2009, 11:47 PM
All Pro Series bow come with Sonte Mountain/Dakota bowstrings. No matter what the table said.

bfisher
11-03-2009, 07:28 AM
All Pro Series bow come with Sonte Mountain/Dakota bowstrings. No matter what the table said.

His fingers got ahead of his brain. Bailey, he means Stone Mountain. Sorry Simon, we all do this once in a while.

Montalaar
11-03-2009, 08:22 AM
It happens too often these times...

Maybe it is the flu. (I noticed that it makes really fun to tell the people in the bus or train that you have the swine flu. never seen so many people moving away from you in such a short period!).

C Bailey
11-03-2009, 09:18 AM
That is one thing I have noticed about the last few Martin catalogs and web site updates; you really can't trust the fine details that should be corrected by tech editors. They never did correct the '09 Warthog description that states that it comes standard with CCS. Thanks for the clarification.

While on the subject, how are those Stone Mountain/Dakota strings? How would they compare to strings from one of the several reputable guys selling custom strings on AT? I need strings for a Bullet X with vipro cams.

Montalaar
11-03-2009, 09:55 AM
I like the Strings on my Warthog. No Peep rotation at all. But then i have my bow only for approx 3 weeks.

I know that Bfisher seems to be some kind of happy with them. I think he had not to change them until yet!

Jake-the-snake
11-03-2009, 09:56 AM
'08 Firecat and i have no peep rotation and the strings are holding up very well, i am very pleased with the quality