PDA

View Full Version : Firecat problem

hotrod26
10-30-2009, 10:09 AM
I have a 08 Firecat that I just took out of the box and set up. My draw length is 28.5" so I put both mods in the #6 hole and measured the DL. The DL was 29.5". I had to move the mods to #3 hole to get a 28.5 DL. Any ideas why? I have the bow set at 46# at 28.5DL and I am only getting 227 fps which is way to slow for a brand new Firecat so I am really lost as to what the problem might be. I have talked to Nuts&Bolts and he seems to think that it came from the factory with the wrong length string. The ATA is 32.25" and brace height is 7". I am shooting a 367 grain arrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake-the-snake
10-30-2009, 10:17 AM
The string might not be completely "set" yet, like you havent shot it enough to get that little bit of string stretch out. That arrow is quite heavy for shooting 46#...what kind of rest are you using? are your cams timed correctly? and did you get the best position for the speed nocks? are you using a tube peep?...all these little things really make a difference on your speed:)...as for the Draw Length? maybe you do have a longer string, and how is your draw stop placed? i do know that without a draw stop the wall is very "spongy". Just lets us know if you find out anything else:)

davtracy
10-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Thought I would chime in and off your some help on that speed. IBO rating on these bows is at 5 grains per inch total arrow weight. AT 367 grains you are 137 grains over weight. Not good for speed. Kind of like a fat guy trying to run sprints. It just doesn't work well. I would suggest dropping your arrow weight to at least 250 grains. Try this. Use High Countries speed pro max arrow or victory hv 3 arrow. The HC's are 5.5 gpi and the victory line goes down to the 5.5 range. Go with a 75 grain head and add the nock, insert, and fletching weight and you should be at 250-260 grains. You should see and increase of about 30 feet per second. One of our local guys is shooting his saber at 50 lbs with this set up and getting 308fps. Hope this helps. Martin warranties their bows to 5 grains per pound. So, you should be good to go.:D

eldermike
10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
My 08 firecat modules are just like yours, 28 inches in the 3'rd hole but it shoots great there.