PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy w/ new Cheetah

ArmyBowHunter
10-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I just received my new Cheetah bow and found several cosmetic damages and the screw that holds the cable guard rod is sticking out. Its either not screwed in all the way or is stripped out. I'm not messing with it to find out. There is one area that the paint is flaking off, one area around the bolt that connects the limbs to the body is scratched pretty bad as well as a dotted line scratch on on of the limbs. I know this is a bow and will get scratches on it down the road but it should not have this from the factory. And if the paint is already flaking whats going to stop it from continuing?

ArmyBowHunter
10-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Here is the picture of the dotted line scratch.

Jake-the-snake
10-30-2009, 02:03 PM
hmm...i have that same dotted line thing on my top limb, but honestly i dont notice it, and deer dont notice it, and other people dont notice it. The flaking? i dont know what to tell ya, you could call Martin but idk what they are going to do about it. as for that cable guard screw? screw it back in, its not going to hurt anything, it probably just came loose, no big deal. just start shooting and if the thing is flaking off more paint then a call to Martin will fix the problem:D

jpermenter
10-30-2009, 02:16 PM
If you are not happy with the condition of the bow give martin a call, however, where did you buy the bow? If not directly from martin, The first place I would go is the place I bought it as they may have done the damage. Martin is the best company as far as fixing mistakes they make, so be patient and it should work out. I have an 09 cheetah and it is a great bow. Good Luck.

timtim146
11-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Hmm as far as apint on my cheetah it is flawless. Accept.. for around the limb bolts lol but only on the spot where the limb bolt is at and the limb kindof cuts into 2 its just rough paint though. The paint isnt my problem the cheap string with nio serving on the wheel and ccs is. But soon as i get my new vapor trail s&cs and get em all served up it will be perfect :]

drevilmike77
11-02-2009, 06:03 AM
I took my bow to the shop and has serving installed on the CSS and the top pulley. I"m trying to make the strings last till I can get some vapor trail strings after the new year.

ArmyBowHunter
11-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes I know the deer won't notice it, that is not the point. I have also found a spot where it is almost not even painted. And yes I bought it directly from Martin.

Montalaar
11-02-2009, 10:35 AM
If so.... Call there CS and talk to them.

ArmyBowHunter
11-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Well the phone call will have to wait. I'm in Iraq and very rarely have access to a phone. I've emailed them but haven't anything back as usual.