PDA

View Full Version : Help! New 09 Saber

gobbler521
11-01-2009, 04:59 PM
I have a new saber and when beginning to set up I noticed the string was cocked to the left side outside of the rest window. I set up and began to shoot After a dozen shots I noticed the string beginning to fray near the Idler wheel and quite a bit of wax build up on the wheel. Is something way out of adjustment? This bow is brand new out of the box. Is something bent and should send back. Help! I am very dissapointed. This is my first SoloCAm bow and I do not know what to expect.

Thanks!

timtim146
11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Does it have a ccs? If so my 09 cheetah is doing the same thing and it is a flaw with the ccs or something like that. The only thing i can tell you is get it served on the wheel and the ccs if it has one. Or my option and get aftermarket strings and have them spots served :] lol
.tim

alex
11-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Before paying for new string and cable you must inspect the bow or may be they'll last as long as the old ones. If you don't know what to do you'd better go to your dealer or to another pro-shop.

bfisher
11-02-2009, 07:55 AM
I'd do what Alex says. The idler wheel is probably leaning too severely and needs straightened out. If you don't know what this is or how to do it then a dealer is your best bet---and it doesn't need to be a Martin dealer. This is quite prevalent on a lot of bows.

While there it might be advisable to have the string served where it rolls over the idler wheel. Getting new, custom strings is not the answer at this point. You fix what's causing the problem first.