PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Compound Bow

Unregistered
11-05-2009, 09:16 PM
My friend gave me a left handed compound bow a while back. I am trying to identify it. There are no identifying markings on the grips or the limbs. Both of them are made of wood. the grips are honey colored. The limbs are painted black. The cams are circular and brass. The quiver is made of rigid black plastic, hold four broad-heads and has the martin logo in white. There is the martin name on the strings. Any ideas if I actually have a martin bow, and if so what model it is?

Thanks.

Montalaar
11-05-2009, 10:57 PM
I would recommend you to register, get a camera and post us some pictures. If you do not know how to do so you can find a tutorial.

Pictures allow us to give you more information.

khafer
11-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the tip. I have registered and will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Kelly

stickflngr
11-06-2009, 09:32 AM
With out seeing a picture my first guess would be a Martin Warthog which If I remember right was a mid '80s bow:confused: I think, Kenny

khafer
11-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Here are a couple of pictures. One of the entire bow, one of the cam and one of the grips.

Thanks for the help. :)

stickflngr
11-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Yep, Im almost positive thats the old Warthog. When they first came out with that bow I had to have it as it was a nice blend of trad (I was shooting a curve) and them compounds. :D

RLW
11-09-2009, 07:06 AM
I agree, looks very much like the Martin Warthog an in-law of mine has.....and still shoots today

bfisher
11-09-2009, 07:08 AM
For what it's worth the wheels are not brass. They are anodized aluminum.