PDA

View Full Version : 2008 firecat pro x limb failures

jesse300
11-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Heres my deal. I have shot Martin bows all my life from an old prowler to a razor x for target to a cougar 3 a slayer a savanah longbow and now a 2008 firecat pro x. I bought the bow in january of 08 shot it a month or 2. cracked limb on top right down the middle of the limb in the v of the fork. Ok got it fixed i figured brand new bow new cams whatever martin should figure it out. Shot the bow untill july when i was sighting in my boadheads and heard a pop. After looking at it found that the limb was cracked in the same place same looking crack. Well i should have time to get it fixed before hunting season in Sept. well i only missed a couple weeks not a big deal. Now i susposedly have the newer limbs that the defect is fixed. Was out hunting on sat. morning and looking at my bow and i notice something. What the heck my top limb is cracked in the exact same place as the other 2 sets of limbs. Now i know people are going to say well your shooting to light of arrows or you pressed the bow wrong. well i shoot a 350 gr. arrow at 68 lbs. and i havent had the bow pressed since the last set of limbs were put on. I dont know if martin has fixed the problems with the limbs or if it is something to do with the riser or cams wich are cat cams. I guess im at a loss and at this point im getting really irritated that i cant go a year without a limb failure. The bow is just about 2 years old now with the 3rd set of cracked limbs. Do i just put new limbs on every six months hoping that helps? What does a guy do?

alex
11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems.Seams like you don't have a choice - call Martin and with a little luck you'll get the new better limbs (i think they'll fit the older bow, but am not sure). Good luck!

Rockyhud
11-09-2009, 11:39 AM
While I haven't had any more problems (knock on wood) with cracked limbs since mine were replaced last June with 2009 Firecat SE limbs I found this, or at least the description of the failure quite interesting. Jesse300's description of the limb, how and where it cracked, described my limb failure to a T - a long, pointed and jagged piece sticking out with the pointed end starting right at the V where the limb splits for the cam.

Jesse, were your replacement limbs marked Firecat SE? I don't what, if any, difference there might be but like I said, so far mine have not shown any problems.

Hoosier Hunter62
11-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I have a 2009 Firecat that has been nothing but a nightmare. Two sets limbs broken, cam problems, and lost out on a Colorado Elk hunt & now deer season because of problems with a 6 month old bow.