PDA

View Full Version : what bow should i get

scooter079
11-08-2009, 05:57 PM
hey guys i am pretty picky about bows and dont know what one to get....i would go try some out but the only big archery shop by me does not carry a variety of martins... i am mainly looking for stealth but i also want a shorter bow what is your opinion single cam or dual cam...and which bow i was thinking the alien x ..firecat tr1 or tr2 ...or the firehawk what do you guys think

drevilmike77
11-08-2009, 10:00 PM
I have a Bengal and I love the way it shoots

alex
11-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Well... it depends.If you are an experienced archer - dual (hybrid) cam bow. Ryteras look great, but are more expensive. Firehawk is too short in my opinion - i like longer A2A bows. So i'd say Firecat tr2 or tr1 if you're new to compounds. Good luck!

Jake-the-snake
11-09-2009, 06:16 PM
if you want steatlh and a short A2A bow, the Firehawk is your best option, i personally have shot one, and although i liked it, it wasnt for me, because i have an '08 Firecat. I would give the Firehawk a try, you would be very surprised how well it shoots:D

flytier17
11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
The most advanced highest performance bow of your selection is the Alien-X, and in my opinion it far outshoots the others in terms of forgiveness vs. performance. i love how it shoots.

However, all the oither choices are good too. I'd not choose the TR1 because I happen to dislike solocam systems for tuning and performance. A TR2 or Firehawk will shoot the same speeds at a lower poundage, and have better nock travel, effeciency, tuneability and adjustability. Unless you are an absolute beginner, I think a bow with the Hybrid-Binary system such as the Hybrix or CAT-2 will leave you more room to grow with the bow and advance your shooting. You'll appreciate it more as you progress with and shoot the bow.

Whats your DL? If you draw more than 28.5-29, the smaller firehawk might not be the best choice. it'll be a little harder to shoot, and not as comfortable. However, if you walk a long way to where you hunt, or do a lot of ground hunting, you'll appreciate the smaller bow to the point where even with a longer DL it would be worth it.

In my opinion, heres your choices in order of how I would choose based on my reasoning: Alien-X, Firecat TR2, Firehawk, Firecat TR1

Alec