PDA

View Full Version : Need help with sound comming from bow when drawn

Snohunt
11-12-2009, 08:30 AM
So, I have a new saber.. came with 60# of draw, got a whisker bisquit on it.. the works.. well, just recently (yesterday) I noticed some sound when I draw the bow.. sounds like the string that is attached to the riser bar gliding mechanism is sticking.. I just waxed the strings.. any thoughts?

bfisher
11-12-2009, 08:41 AM
So, I have a new saber.. came with 60# of draw, got a whisker bisquit on it.. the works.. well, just recently (yesterday) I noticed some sound when I draw the bow.. sounds like the string that is attached to the riser bar gliding mechanism is sticking.. I just waxed the strings.. any thoughts?

Is it like a chattering that you can feel and hear? Sounds like it might be a dirty cable guard rod/slide. Try cleaning the rod with alcohol and the inside of the slide as well. You should be able to pull the slide off the back of the rod with a little effort. Then use a Q-tip.

See if this helps. And do not lube either the slide or rod. Lube just gathers grit and dust which causes the problem in the first place.

alex
11-12-2009, 08:42 AM
:confused: Do you mean the CCS? If so you'd better don't shoot the bow, inspect carefully the string there and if it's fraying you'd better go to your dealer.
Oops, just read what Bfisher wrote, he's right, i was confused by "mechanism" and tought that you have a CCS :)

tommyhydro
11-12-2009, 08:43 AM
check your slide for a build-up of string wax as well, has happened to me a few times esp. after i wax my string

Snohunt
11-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys.. I figured it was probably due to the wax I put on.. I will check the slide.