PDA

View Full Version : My first new martin

baerman
11-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Greetings Fellow Martin Shooters,
After 10 years of not even picking up a bow, I decided that it was time to get back into archery. The shop that I visited recommended the Martin brand, and after trying several bows, I selected the Bengal. It took me about 15 minutes to get the bow tuned, and it's now the smoothest and most accurate bow I've ever held in my hands. Every group makes me think that it had to be an accident.....and then it produces another incredible group. I'm spoiled now....soon I'll EXPECT every group to have the fletching of every arrow touching. I know that the Bengal isn't considered a speed bow by today's standards, but I can assure you that it's no slouch.....and man is it smooth. Anyway.....enough carrying on......glad to be a member of this forum, by the way.
Take care, fellow archers!
________
marijuana trichomes (http://trichomes.org)

alex
11-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations for the new bow. Good luck and good shooting :)

bfisher
11-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes sir,

Welcome to the fold. Now don't be a stranger. We're almost like family here. Guys from Germany, Bulgaria, Canada, South Africa, US and who knows where. For the most part we are just experienced archers trying to help those with less experience. Your questions and comments are as welcome as anybody's so don't be afraid to chime in when you have the urge.

Oh, and most of us are on a first name basis.

Cheetahwheelie
11-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Congrats! I'm in the same boat. I haven't shot in several years and was really wanting to get back into it. So, I ordered a new Cheetah pkg. from Cabelas and picked it up tonight. All I can say is WOW! What a smooth shooting bow.

baerman
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey Cheetahwhellie,
I "coarse" tuned my Bengal and got groups with the fletching touching. But.....today I fine tuned, and now have the shafts touching out to 30 yards.....where was this bow when I was younger??????
________
Kawasaki ZN1300A (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_ZN1300A)