PDA

View Full Version : Stripped cam screws

ezbite
11-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Picked up my new 2010 firecat Wednesday, got it set up at a professional archery shop (Martin dealer) he moved the cams several times removing and installing the screws several times into several different holes trying to get my draw legenth correct. Once we got all set up I shot a few and thought it was a bit loud. Shot 24 shots thursday and I still thought it was a little loud so I came here and AT did some searching. First thing I checked was the STS which was loose, I thought I found the problem until today. Went out and shot 24 more shots and it's still loud. So I got out the Allen wrenches and started checking the Allen screws. First cam screw was good and tight the second one spun like a top without even putting any pressure on it, yep, stripped. I then checked the other cam and both were nice and tight. I guess what I'm trying to find out is who's responsable for the repair? I know for a fact I didn't strip it, today's the first time I've even put a wrench in the cam screws. I know it's just a cam Draw legenth adjuster and is really no big deal if he fixes it without trying to charge me, is my bow under warrenty for this? Anyone ever have any problems like this? Will the 2009 cam adjuster fit a 2010?

bfisher
11-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Are you sure it's the "module" that's stripped or just the screw? Either way the dealer should replace the part. If it's the module he'll most likely have to order another one---unless he's a GOOD dealer. If he is he could take another one off a new bow and put it on yours and just order another module for his bow? That's what I would do. And yes, it should be a warranty issue.

ezbite
11-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Might be the screw, I didn't pull it out. Just put the bow up till I go to the shop on Monday. I hope it's the screw, I'm just starting to put together good groups. Sooo, Its called the module? Thanks. :D

kjwhfsd
11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
He moved the module. I'll bet your cam is stripped. Cam is aluminum screw is steel. Still easy fix he should have a cam or will have one soon.

ezbite
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
He moved the module. I'll bet your cam is stripped. Cam is aluminum screw is steel. Still easy fix he should have a cam or will have one soon.

he ordered me one, i changed my draw length, so changed holes. im still having him replace it.