PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Issues

Unregistered
05-31-2006, 05:13 PM
I just purchased a 2005 CougarIII with the nitrous x system. I took it to my local Martin dealer and he has installed Winners choice strings and cables, a spott hogg 7dp sight, a trophy taker shakey hunter arrow rest, and a Doinker stablizer. I also bought Easton redline arrows fletched in the 2.5 in vanes. We could not get the bow to paper turn correctly- it tears significantly to the right. The dealer tried several adjustments which did not help. We decided to shoot the bow for a week and try again. When shooting at 30 yds you can definitely tell the arrows are wobbling. My only visual problem I can see is how the dropaway cord attatches to the inside cable. I would appreciate any issues others have found in tuning this kind of setup.

Montey Jessey
05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Certainly sounds like a clearance problem with the rest. It shouldn't be that hard to fix for a "proshop." I'm sure the guys on www.archerytalk.com can help you.

PLASTIC PAUL
05-31-2006, 06:13 PM
I need a lot more info, like draw length, draw weight, which Redline, point weight and arrow length. Are the cams timed, is there any cam lean? I will send you a PM with my #, put those numbers together and call me.

I can't PM you you are no registered, so PM me your # if you want me to call you and help you out.