PDA

View Full Version : converting to X-cams 04 phantom II

724wd
11-15-2009, 09:45 PM
i want to change my 04 elite limbed phantom II 60# bow to shoot thru cams for target use. can anyone point me in the right direction oh what i need to do this? i want to keep it 60# (5H limbs).

so, cams, mods, axles, string/cables... what am i missing? any hints on what cams i should be looking for?

heath

Spiker
11-16-2009, 05:24 AM
I may have the parts you need.
PM sent.

bfisher
11-16-2009, 08:09 AM
i want to change my 04 elite limbed phantom II 60# bow to shoot thru cams for target use. can anyone point me in the right direction oh what i need to do this? i want to keep it 60# (5H limbs).

so, cams, mods, axles, string/cables... what am i missing? any hints on what cams i should be looking for?

heath

What cams are on it now?

724wd
11-16-2009, 01:14 PM
#1 Fury Cams.

bfisher
11-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Do some shopping. If you like the Fury cams all you need is a set of X modules with longer screws for them. Try the classifieds on AT. Then get four cables (no yoke) to the same length as what you have now. You can use the same string if it's in good shape.

Axles aren't a big deal. You can get them via Martin. In fact you can use your present axles and such, but if you want more spread between the cables you'll need the long axle kit (part # BP-102).

This should get you started.

scepterman30x
11-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Do some shopping. If you like the Fury cams all you need is a set of X modules with longer screws for them. Try the classifieds on AT. Then get four cables (no yoke) to the same length as what you have now. You can use the same string if it's in good shape.

Axles aren't a big deal. You can get them via Martin. In fact you can use your present axles and such, but if you want more spread between the cables you'll need the long axle kit (part # BP-102).

This should get you started.

Correction...you need to puchase some #1 Fury X cams or purchase some X modules if you have the "Furious" cam.

bfisher
11-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Correction...you need to puchase some #1 Fury X cams or purchase some X modules if you have the "Furious" cam.

Why do you say that. Am I missing something? Like maybe the Fury cam doesn't use modules? Enlighten me so I don't make this mistake again. I know you know about Fury cams.

724wd
11-16-2009, 03:16 PM
i believe the fury cams are draw length specific and do not use modules.

If i get a hold of some furious (or nitrous! =) ) cams and x-mods, with longer axles and the correct string/cable i'd be in business, no?

are there different models of furious or nitrous cams that have an impact on draw weight? or is that a limb/module combination?

scepterman30x
11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Why do you say that. Am I missing something? Like maybe the Fury cam doesn't use modules? Enlighten me so I don't make this mistake again. I know you know about Fury cams.

Fury cams are draw length specific and they either have an integral (sort of) X system or they are plain. However just like the other X system you can still use it with a cable guard system but not the other way.

What I mean by "sort of" is that they did put another track on the other side making it an X system however it is not a module. It can be taken off and used like a normal cam but when they engineered them they put them all on one side there by having the effect of a track on one side and a track on the other.

scepterman30x
11-16-2009, 06:33 PM
i believe the fury cams are draw length specific and do not use modules.

If i get a hold of some furious (or nitrous! =) ) cams and x-mods, with longer axles and the correct string/cable i'd be in business, no?

are there different models of furious or nitrous cams that have an impact on draw weight? or is that a limb/module combination?

Yes and yes.

bfisher
11-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Fury cams are draw length specific and they either have an integral (sort of) X system or they are plain. However just like the other X system you can still use it with a cable guard system but not the other way.

What I mean by "sort of" is that they did put another track on the other side making it an X system however it is not a module. It can be taken off and used like a normal cam but when they engineered them they put them all on one side there by having the effect of a track on one side and a track on the other.

OK, so what you are saying is that the X module is machined into the cam, right? If so then wouldn't it be fair to say all he needs is the cables?

scepterman30x
11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Only if it is an X system Fury cam...and he has said it is a #1 Fury cam...not the Fury X cam.

scepterman30x
11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Bfisher, I might have confused you with one of my prior post. When I was talking about them putting a track on the other side I was refering to the an X sytem cam that had be drilled for the screw holes to contain the other track and it also had a longer brass bushing. I refered to the other type of cam in my prior post as a "plain" cam, which this fella has.

scepterman30x
11-17-2009, 11:08 AM
OK, so what you are saying is that the X module is machined into the cam, right? If so then wouldn't it be fair to say all he needs is the cables?

Its not machined perse; it does screw on but it only goes on one way and it is not adjustable and you can't make a std. Fury cam an X Fury cam...you have to purchase the X cams.

bfisher
11-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Bfisher, I might have confused you with one of my prior post. When I was talking about them putting a track on the other side I was refering to the an X sytem cam that had be drilled for the screw holes to contain the other track and it also had a longer brass bushing. I refered to the other type of cam in my prior post as a "plain" cam, which this fella has.

You didn't confuse me at all. I have no experience with the Fury cams since I only came to Martin in 2004. I do understand what you are saying. There is the Fury cam and the Fury X cam---two different cams, unlike the Nitrous cams. And I also learned that the Fury cam is draw length specific.

I learned quite a bit. Thanks.

RogerSr
11-19-2009, 04:42 PM
I have a set of Nitrous A cams with X mini mods 65% letoff, if you want to talk about them, send me a pm