PDA

View Full Version : Custom ShadowCat String/Cable Length Question

thenson
11-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Greetings. I have a ShadowCat riser (now sure of year, see picture below) with 16" straight (5L) limbs and Mpro cams.

I need to know what the correct string and cable lengths are to get this bow to the correct max. draw weight for the limbs and the correct draw length.

Right now the DL is way too long, it is 29" with the F1 module.
Brace Height = 9 3/4"
ATA = 37"
Draw weight is around 55# max.

please let me know if you can help me.

thanks
Terry

bfisher
11-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Terry,

I can't help much with the draw length problem. The riser is from 2005. I have one right beside me. 16" limbs are probably pre-2004 as they don't make them any more. The cams are MPro, looks like 2008. The F1 module is the shortest one for that cam. There may not be many people with string and cable lengths, or specs for it because it's a complete custom job.

About the only option I can think of is to change to the mini-Mpro cam or different cam system altogether, but unless you can find used parts or trade this would get pretty expensive. Even so, I have no idea what the draw length would be with the mini-MPro.

Your best bet would be to get on Archery Talk and PM LeEarl. He's done a ton of things with Martin bows so he may be able to help more than I.

alex
11-16-2009, 08:36 AM
May be i'm wrong but i guess with these limbs you have not a choice - get rid of them or the bow will be unuseble. If you put shorter string and cables your brace height will go above 10 inch and the bow'll be slower then a traditional.