PDA

View Full Version : prowler

polar-oid
11-17-2009, 08:57 AM
purchased a martin prowler about a month ago the string has gone . because it is so old i have been told that it cannot be restrung because the limbs might go pop. is there any one who can give me advice as what to do.

Spiker
11-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Have you talked to Joel at Martins customer service? That would be your best shot.

JimmyIkeLee
11-17-2009, 02:11 PM
is there anything wrong with the limbs? If theres no cracks or anything it should be fine

brushrat
11-17-2009, 06:16 PM
purchased a martin prowler about a month ago the string has gone . because it is so old i have been told that it cannot be restrung because the limbs might go pop. is there any one who can give me advice as what to do.

MY 1st compound bow was a 1990"ish" martin prowler. Don't know the exact year. That thing was bullet-proof. LIke the previous post said, just look over the limbs and also the cables. Sometimes those steel cables get broken strands in the area where the cams are fully extended. Martin still carries metal cables with teardrops and martin or e-bay willl get you set up with a new string. My string happened to be 36" and lots of bows carried that size.

After you string it up, APPLY A FACE SHIELD, then tighten the 2 limb bolts all the way down , then un-screw them 4 turns each(alternate 1 turn at a time). I would shoot it that way for a while, then increase draw weight a little at a time as you feel more comfortable with the condition of it . If you feel the "need for speed" sock er down tight and hold on! Good luck . :)