PDA

View Full Version : threshold cam

dickieg
11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Im trying to get back into bow hunting after being stationed outside the US and being deployed. I just bought the 2010 threshold and i was wondering if changing the cam would help make it a little quicker and what cam would be a good choice for , or if there are any mods i can make that would help better the perfomance. Thanks

coma
06-18-2010, 05:54 AM
i own the very same bow i bought it took it to a sports shop had it tuned in pulling i believe 65lbs and i have not had any problems with speed. had it crono'd and its hittin 298 fps plenty fast and thats with the poundage down try 70lbs see if it hits faster im using carbon arrows with 125 grain heads all the stock sites rest quiver ect ect and i have no problems smokin a target at 60 yards with little drop. Im very pleased with it of course this comes from someone who has shot hand me down bows his whole life so i really havent got to shoot the big dog bows...... I will post ya pics of the turkey and bucks i capture with this thing im so xcited smoked a wood chuck the other day at 40 yards kneeling thing didnt know what hit em

very forgiving bow !!!

alex
06-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Im trying to get back into bow hunting after being stationed outside the US and being deployed. I just bought the 2010 threshold and i was wondering if changing the cam would help make it a little quicker and what cam would be a good choice for , or if there are any mods i can make that would help better the perfomance. Thanks

I think it's not worth it. If you have these money you'd better buy a second bow. If you tune your bow it'll perform good enough as "coma" said.