PDA

View Full Version : Rytera Alien X

Hoosieroutdoorsman
11-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Is the riser on this bow machined out like the martins where the CCS goes so you can swap it out for a cable guide rod if you wanted?

bfisher
11-19-2009, 09:41 AM
The 2010 model comes standard with the CCS so I'd say it's machined for it. Older models I can't say. Basically I'd say check the catalog and if it doesn't have a CCS then it isn't machined for it.

bfisher
11-19-2009, 09:43 AM
I just ooked at Rytera's website and the 2009 also has a CCS.

brushrat
11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Is the riser on this bow machined out like the martins where the CCS goes so you can swap it out for a cable guide rod if you wanted?

if you do that.... make sure you get the the proper guide rod . In some cases it takes the dog-leg style ,instead of the straight one especially for short AtoA bows. Martin installs the straight cable guide on the 09 bengals and i'm sure others . By using the rod in place of the ccs, in that side mounted position, it puts to much pull on your string/cable . That is un-nessesary pull and contributes to cam lean and idler lean, which in turn affects shot consistancy and limb splitting.

IMO you only need 1/8-3/16" for vane clearance. With a dog-leg you can adjust your clearance. I have e-mailed Martin about a replacement rod for my bengal about a week ago and have not got a response back. I need to hear from them if a dog leg would work with their clamp down system because of the leverage thing. If it does thats the route i'm going. ;):)

JimmyIkeLee
11-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Yes you can put a cable guard rod on a alien the same as a bengal moab or cheetah they all use the same mounting system

C Bailey
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Just remember that the poundage will change if you do that. I think I read that a bow with the CCS will be about 5lb heavier than the same bow with the cable rod. I'm not sure I have that exactly right, so you should at least check with the Martin techs to make sure you stay within your preferred poundage range.

Hoosieroutdoorsman
11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I have a 09 Cheetah now and am looking at getting an X with the tax check, still not completely sold on the CCS and wanted to make sure it could be swapped out if I didn`t like it. The X sounds like 1 sweet shooter.

Montalaar
11-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Just remember that the poundage will change if you do that. I think I read that a bow with the CCS will be about 5lb heavier than the same bow with the cable rod. I'm not sure I have that exactly right, so you should at least check with the Martin techs to make sure you stay within your preferred poundage range.

At least 5lbs, that is right.