PDA

View Full Version : arrow lifting off rest 3/4 into draw

ezbite
11-20-2009, 09:34 AM
put a few twist in my cables last night trying to get my firecat back into spec. brace if dead on 7" ATA is still long. but to be truthful, i dont know where to measure the axle length. is it from the axles themselfs or from the inside of each limb? if its inside each limb, im close. aaaaanyhow, every shot i take right at about 3/4 into my draw the tip of the arrow lifts up off the rest and either falls right or left. ive got the QAD hunter so ive been just locking the rest in place before drawing, but its getting old. did i move the nock point or something else when i twisted the cables? im going to go get a bow square and one of those little levels tomorrow. i did have to adjust my sight, so i know something different, just would like a starting point. took me 2 days to get the cables right. thanks

Spiker
11-20-2009, 09:50 AM
You will have to reset your nock position.
Are you using a d-loop or shooting off the string?

ezbite
11-20-2009, 11:02 AM
d-loop and 1 brass nock above arrow

timtim146
11-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Same thing happened to me. I would be willing to say that you are getting nock pinch with your d-loop.

cadamo
11-20-2009, 02:08 PM
How would you fix that? Tied on nocks above and below the arrow inside the D-Loop?

Montalaar
11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I always thought that would be normal.... Anything else would effect your arrow upon release...

Hoosieroutdoorsman
11-21-2009, 05:18 AM
How would you fix that? Tied on nocks above and below the arrow inside the D-Loop?

Lose the brass nocks all together, with a D-Loop they are not needed. Make sure your D-Loop is a tad loose on the nock, a tight fit is what pinches the nock and makes it come off the rest at draw.

Montalaar
11-21-2009, 06:38 AM
I cannot second that.

I have seen many people having problems because their Dloop put pressure on their arrow at full draw and they had it set up properly with a viper loop plier. A small tied nock will not add much weight but will improve it a lot.

Spiker
11-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Have a look at this ''''''----------> http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/196301-how-tie-nocksets-d-loop.html

Hoosieroutdoorsman
11-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Thats a nice set up on the nock point, may have to give it a try. Thanks for posting Spiker

bfisher
11-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Good link Spiker. I have a distant friend who ties his loops that way.

For any who look at this link it would pay to read some of the comments farther down. I like #17 in particular; the part about nock location already being established if/when installing a replacement loop. You know exactly where to put it.

Notice too, how short Greg akes his loop. It does stretch out to about
1/2" to 5/8" when the pliers are put to it.

Little details fellows.

ezbite
11-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Have a look at this ''''''----------> http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/196301-how-tie-nocksets-d-loop.html

that link is the sheits:D:D:D, i just did the thread nocks, retied a new d-loop, cranked her up to 70#'s drew back 10 arrows and none fell off the rest. now i need to install lights out back over my targets.lol. i broke my rapala pliers tightening the d-loop, that babys going nowhere.