PDA

View Full Version : Martin Warthog 70# ?

JohnnyThunder
11-22-2009, 02:59 PM
If I got a warthog at 70#, it would turn down to about 60# for a few weeks while I got used to it wouldn't it ?

SandSquid
11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
If I got a warthog at 70#, it would turn down to about 60# for a few weeks while I got used to it wouldn't it ?

70# will tune down to 55#.

JohnnyThunder
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
OK cool, thats what I thought - just wanted to make sure it would go down that far.

Thanks

ezbite
11-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Just make sure you back it off in EVEN turns. I usually do
2 at a time. 2 on top, then 2 on bottom and so on. But now I'm thinking about it thats to loosen the limbs up to twist string and cables. I'd still do it evenly. I got my firecat less that 2 weeks ago and I've been creeping up on 70# well last night I Hit 70#'s and this morning I see where Martin got the name....fastfastfast!!! You'll be at 70 before you know it.

JohnnyThunder
11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
OK, another question if I can please...

Where can I get one ? Can I order it online from somewhere ?

But I want the new 2010 version, not the 2009 version from the online store.

Also, does anyone know if the price is the same ?

Also, I'm not entirely sure I don't want a Firecat TR-2 or a Rytera Alien-X instead - where can I get one ?

ezbite
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
go to martins home page and go to the find a dealer page, they should have the bows you want avaliable to shoot. i did this and found my guy was 4 miles away, ive given him lots of money too.lol.

JohnnyThunder
11-24-2009, 04:05 PM
go to martins home page and go to the find a dealer page, they should have the bows you want avaliable to shoot. i did this and found my guy was 4 miles away, ive given him lots of money too.lol.

yeah I already did that, but the only martin dealer that was listed, when I got there he told me "I'm not a martin dealer, I don't have anything to do with them and they need to take that off their website"

JohnnyThunder
12-01-2009, 03:48 PM
well I've been trying to get one on eBay, but my internet went out and I got outbid and couldn't up my bid

maybe i should get an 09 Firecat instead ?

what do you think is a good price on an 09 Firecat ?

JohnnyThunder
12-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Nevermind - I got one!

I just pulled the trigger on a NIB 2009 Firecat 60#

I kind of wanted a 70#, but I wasn't sure I could handle that much and the price was way too good to pass up.

ezbite
12-01-2009, 07:06 PM
congrads on the firecat. im sure you will be pleased with it.

JohnnyThunder
12-01-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm sure I will be. I've been very happy with my Saber, and the fact that I got the Firecat for such a steal doesn't hurt anything either. Would you believe that I paid less for the Firecat than you can usually find a price for a Saber or Cheetah ? Sure its a 2009 model and not the 2010, but I can live with that.

Maybe next year I can catch a deal on the 70# warthog when the 2010s go on clearance.

bfisher
12-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Nevermind - I got one!

I just pulled the trigger on a NIB 2009 Firecat 60#

I kind of wanted a 70#, but I wasn't sure I could handle that much and the price was way too good to pass up.

I didn't want to get into it before, but I think you'd find yourself overbowed with 70#. If you had to start at 55# or 60# it's a pretty long haul to get to 70#. You'll be happy with a 60# FireCat. You have all the speed you need.

JohnnyThunder
12-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I didn't want to get into it before, but I think you'd find yourself overbowed with 70#. If you had to start at 55# or 60# it's a pretty long haul to get to 70#. You'll be happy with a 60# FireCat. You have all the speed you need.

yeah thats what I was sort of afraid of as well -- i would hate to get a 70# and then not be able to shoot it

I have an 75# PSE bow out in my garage thats tuned down to 64# and I can shoot it, but I can only shoot a few shots then I gotta put it down. I've never taken it to the indoor range and tried to see how fast it will shoot, but I'm certain its not as fast as the Saber - not as accurate either - just harder to pull.

As you know I've been working my way up little by little over the past few weeks with the Saber, and I can shoot my way through a 48 arrow quiver at least once sometimes two or three times in an evening with it and its tuned as tight as it will go now.