PDA

View Full Version : Fobs

MoBigBucks
11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Is anybody using Fobs on their arrows, if so do you like them and what are the benifits that you have experienced compared to vanes.

724wd
11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
i bought some. they seemed to fly fine. there was to my ears a bit of a whistle, but i have heard from others it's not noticeable downrange. i probably would have still been using them, but i'm shooting aluminums now.

brushrat
11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Is anybody using Fobs on their arrows, if so do you like them and what are the benifits that you have experienced compared to vanes.

i like you, are somewhat interested but i don't want to buy a 1/2 dozen only to find they wont work with my dropaway rest. If i could just buy one , i could find out for myself. If i decided i liked them then i can order a whole gross of them. (well, maybe not that many). The only thing i probably would not like about them ,from what i've read is that they drop quite a lot with a lower poundage bow. When shooting 51# i need all the distance i can get.:)

724wd
11-24-2009, 08:53 PM
the ones i have were for Beman ICS Hunter 400's. if your arrows are the same size, i can send each of you some.

That said, each tube of fobs comes with a "checker" for checking clearance. i have one of those, perhaps i could send it to one of you and you could forward it to the other...

heath

MartinTracer
11-25-2009, 07:13 AM
I bought a dozen this fall and I like the way they shoot, particularly like the idea that the FOB pops off when you get a pass through. Makes the spot the game was standing when hit. When I first got them I compared arrow flight whit vanes, shot the fob first the used it as aim point and put the vanned arrow through the FOB.

drevilmike77
11-25-2009, 10:46 AM
I want to try them.

brushrat
11-26-2009, 08:36 PM
the ones i have were for Beman ICS Hunter 400's. if your arrows are the same size, i can send each of you some.

That said, each tube of fobs comes with a "checker" for checking clearance. i have one of those, perhaps i could send it to one of you and you could forward it to the other...

heath

i shoot 55-75 gold tip xp's dont know if that is a 400 shaft or not...... maybe someone else out there would know. Thanks:)

RogerSr
11-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Your GT 55-75 xp's use the standard fob, I have a lot of them and two or three of the testers, if someone would like to try one I can send you one to try, and can do this for two or three guys, no charge, just pm me your address. archers helping archers.

brushrat
11-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Your GT 55-75 xp's use the standard fob, I have a lot of them and two or three of the testers, if someone would like to try one I can send you one to try, and can do this for two or three guys, no charge, just pm me your address. archers helping archers.

thanks Rodger. I PM'd you.:)

rjd
11-27-2009, 08:32 PM
I use them . They fly just like my arrows that are fletched with blazers/rayzers. They do drop off after about 50' yards,but I've just figured what I need for hold over.If I decide to switch over completly I'll just dail in the 50' pin. You will really notice the difference in a stiff cross wind they don't drift nearly as bad.

Montalaar
11-28-2009, 01:48 AM
I would like to try them.

No FOBs for europe...

RogerSr
11-28-2009, 09:53 AM
I would like to try them.

No FOBs for europe...

The one thing that you need to use them, is a drop away rest, without that they can't be used, but if you have that I will send you one, if I can get it to you? Roger.

Montalaar
11-28-2009, 11:49 AM
I seem to own just one drop away rest. And a Spothogg Premier Rest that can be converted into something similar with very less tension on the spring that will hold up the prongs.

You can get a FOB here for sure. It just might be a bit expensive?

RogerSr
11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
I seem to own just one drop away rest. And a Spothogg Premier Rest that can be converted into something similar with very less tension on the spring that will hold up the prongs.

You can get a FOB here for sure. It just might be a bit expensive?

PM me your address And I will check it out, if it's not to much I'll send you one or two with a tester. as long as it don't break the bank, and the spothogg premier will not work, it has to be a real drop away rest.

Montalaar
11-28-2009, 01:52 PM
I own a Limbsaver Drop away. That may work?

RogerSr
11-28-2009, 02:08 PM

Yes it will work, if you want to try send me your address.

bfisher
11-28-2009, 03:38 PM

You sound desparate, Simon. Just kidding.

Montalaar
11-29-2009, 01:23 AM
I am desperate. But just because i have no time at the moment...

Roger will send me a FOB. That is really great and reminds me of 'archers helping archers'.

RogerSr
12-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey Simon & Del,
Better Known as Montalaar & Brushrat, I Mailed each of you two Fob's and one tester, the tester is to make sure that you have clearance of cables & rest, you slade the tester down the arrow to check for clearance, good luck and have fun, and don't try to grop them or you will break one, and let us know how it goes Roger.

Ok this is all the Fob's that I can send to anyone!

brushrat
12-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey Simon & Del,
Better Known as Montalaar & Brushrat, I Mailed each of you two Fob's and one tester, the tester is to make sure that you have clearance of cables & rest, you slade the tester down the arrow to check for clearance, good luck and have fun, and don't try to grop them or you will break one, and let us know how it goes Roger.

Ok this is all the Fob's that I can send to anyone!

Great! i can hardly wait to play with them. And,yes i know clearance can be a problem with them. Also i would imagine that the speed at which your rest drops will be a factor also....something i'll just have to play with. One good thing about my rest ,it does have a drop timing adjustment knob so it should not be too bad. I just need to get it worked out so i don't break one before i get a chance to actualy shoot them. Anyways ,thanks again, should be fun.:D:)

Montalaar
12-03-2009, 02:22 AM
I will post up some pics when they arrive. ;)

drevilmike77
12-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Let me know how they work. I would love to try them, will they work with a limb driver rest. :D

RogerSr
12-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Yes they will work with Limbdriver rest, I use one with them.

brushrat
12-05-2009, 12:29 PM

Thanks to RogerSr , i tryed a couple yesterday. They worked great with my rest (i didn't even need to adjust the drop speed knob). That was with field points only. Sometime when it warms up a little i will try them with fixed blades. So far i am a believer. They shoot about 4-6" lower at 30yds than blazers, but are about the same as my 4" speedflytes. That is with my bow set at 53# . They sh-o-o-o-o-r look "Goofy" on my arrows.:rolleyes:

I will post again after i get fixed blade comparisons.:)

Montalaar
12-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Still waiting. But it will take another week or so to get them here... :)