PDA

View Full Version : HELP Tiger Youth Bow

37macca
11-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi,
I just purchased a tiger bow for my son for christmas.
It arrived last week through post to australia where I live.
The riser is bent like a banana and even worse when you draw it. I have emailed martin over this but I received a generated email about taking it to a martin dealer near me.
I dont have a dealer near me for a start and the bow shop will not deal with martin. What can i do I got this bow for christmas my son has his heart set on it.
Also I have a Alien X got the same email back from them about some problems Im having with it.
I am a Martin Rytera shooter and will never shoot anything else. The only way I can get these products is to buy online direct from the states.
HELP
Macca

bfisher
11-25-2009, 06:55 AM
Can't help right now.

OK guys, who is from Aussie land and can help this guy

bfisher
11-25-2009, 07:53 AM
On further thought I'll suggest you post the request for help on www.archerytalk.com. Many more members so maybe get some quicker responses. Use capital letters in the title so as to draw more attention.

Barry

Spiker
11-25-2009, 10:04 AM
I know this isnt the best solution but...
I bought a Tiger for my son to see if he would show enough interest and responsibility before I spent the money for a real compound bow for him and it showed up with the same issue. The riser is plastic and with the side load of the cables on it - there is no way that it wont warp. All I do is clamp it between a couple boards in my vise and heat the riser with a heat gun untill it is very warm then rinse it with cold water to set it. It will stay straight for about a month then start bending again and need re-straightened.
Like I said - this may not be the best way to solve the problem but - thats about all you can do with the plastic riser and every Tiger I have seen has been the same.
On the up-side, my son loves it and has learned to shoot it very well so this spring he should be ready to step up to a more adult quality bow and I feel
my purchase was worth the cost and dealing with the riser issue.

37macca
11-25-2009, 10:25 PM
I have posted on archerytalk as well no reponses. That for the idea but that is not ideal for me. I live in a hot climate for a start and I wish now i knew this first as would have forked out the cash for a good bow. Now I got this and it sours my experience now with martin