PDA

View Full Version : Warthog lockup

danmcmanus
11-27-2009, 04:16 PM
While shooting some targets today, my Warthog locked/jammed up at full draw resulting in a dry fire while I standing there looking at my "slack" string. While it was jammed I kept it pointed at the target while looking up and down at the cams and they bother looked lopsided. I wiggled the sting and it let loose. I don't want to draw it again until I have a pro look at it but does anyone have any ideas about what might cause this?

bfisher
11-27-2009, 05:48 PM
How do you have the draw stop adjusted? I've heard of this happening with a couple bows, but without seeing it first hand I have no real answer.

ezbite
11-27-2009, 07:49 PM
yep, look at your draw stop, i bet it came loose and moved. my firecat did this twice while we were setting it up. we rotated the modules and didnt adjust the draw stop. first time freeked me out, second was an easy fix. if it happens again, look at your modules, i bet your cables are off.

Montalaar
11-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Weird....

This sounds like the over 90% letoff that i experienced myself. Just a bit more letoff...

I agree to check your draw stop. After moving it somewhat forward everything was okay. Also my pro shop told me not to shoot 'out of the module' as the string can jump off when the draw stop is not used at all (when you look at the module you will recognize that it flattens out to one side because it would touch the cable if the bow is not drawn..).

danmcmanus
11-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Last night, before I was able to read any replies, I tried it again before putting it in the vehicle for the drive to the shop. Happened again, this time it stayed locked up. I laid it on the table and looked at the string, which was off the cam. Had no idea what to do, so I put it in the truck. When I laid it down, it let loose with another dry fire. This time the string broke and the draw stop popped off, bending the cam!:eek: Is this fixable? Where will I bring it?

Montalaar
11-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Bring it to your pro shop. They will care about you as it was propably not your fault. You should get at least new cams and axles and strings. Maybe new limbs or even a new bow. Depends on what your pro shops will tell you.

danmcmanus
11-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Where can I find a pro shop in my area, Ipswich, MA

Montalaar
11-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Let me ask you where you bought your Warthog. Since it is a Pro-Series bow you need to buy it from a Pro-Shop?

danmcmanus
11-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Bow-Winkles Archery and Outdoors LLC
1000 Race Street
Plattsmouth, NE 68048

But I'm not anywhere near there

bfisher
11-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Bow-Winkles Archery and Outdoors LLC
1000 Race Street
Plattsmouth, NE 68048

But I'm not anywhere near there

HaHa Simon. Now you'll have to dig out a map and find that Dan is about 2500 kilometers from where he got the bow.

Dan, there is a dealer locator area on Martin's website. Try looking there. If you find one call them first. Sometimes the list isn't up to date. Dealers come and go.

Montalaar
11-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Oh well..

I knew something like that would happen.

tvs
11-29-2009, 06:34 AM
what is you draw lenght. i gave up shoting cat-cam because of me long draw. the cat-cam can roll over to far and lock if you get flat spot on bearing. i have the scars:mad: to prove it return this bow to your dealer or martin if you got this bow on line most dealer still take care of you

Montalaar
11-29-2009, 06:51 AM
I shoot the Warthog set up with XL-Mods in the longest setting with the draw stop set up to give me 60% of Letoff. That is quite too short for my draw length (i only get 30.5" draw out of it in this setting) but i see no problem as the Draw stop will prohibit the CAT cam from doing something i do not want to happen.

If the CAT Cam rolls over too far i would think about a faulty draw stop setup.

danmcmanus
11-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks. Shop has it, waiting to hear what they have to say.

AlienX
11-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Man thats rough i did the same when i was playing with my draw lenth (minus the dryfire) lol i held the riser with my foot and rolled the cams with my free hand scared the begeezers out of me lol thought i broke my poor X. It is your draw stop more than likley. sorry about your luck :( im sure they will fix it

martinfan
11-30-2009, 07:09 AM
What darw length was the bow setup. Could itof been overdrawing at over 30".

How old is your bow? I've read some camplaints about early module probs. rubbing cables servings etc.

bfisher
11-30-2009, 07:17 AM
What darw length was the bow setup. Could itof been overdrawing at over 30".

How old is your bow? I've read some camplaints about early module probs. rubbing cables servings etc.

Aha, a new guy. Welcome to the forums.

warthog
12-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Interested to see how the shop/Martin treated you with your situation?