PDA

View Full Version : Gonzo Safari Draw Lenght??

Lloyd Goodwyn
12-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum and just recently acquired a Gonzo Safari and need to shorten the draw lenght to 27". I don't know if this is possible or not, have tried calling Martin but only get a recording. Has anybody ever done this with the older Gonzo Safari? Thanks

bfisher
12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I can't help ya bud. That was long before I got tied up with Martin. Maybe one of the other guys will be able to help.

RogerSr
12-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I have not seen one of them in years, they came with Ultra Sonic wheels, or Z cams, that was Ted Nugents bow, first we need to see a picture of the cams or wheels.

Spiker
12-02-2009, 10:02 PM
A pic would be best. It would have Sonic, Ultra Sonic or Z cams. They all used draw length modules and if my memory is correct (???) you would need the 5X for a 27" draw length.

Lloyd Goodwyn
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the fast response, finally got a picture and hope this helps to identify which one I have.

brushrat
12-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the fast response, finally got a picture and hope this helps to identify which one I have.

not seeing the picture??????:confused:

bcriner
12-13-2009, 07:27 AM
that is the Mega wheel and predates the sonic, ultra sonic and z cams. That bow was the same cast riser as the older Martin Prowler. That cam is a late '80s model. I am pretty sure it had modules on it but it would have been the older narrow track models. Martin may still have the modules. That would be your best bet.