PDA

View Full Version : SCEPTER 4. Limb bolts release problem.

arrowson
12-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Hello,

Ive got a SCEPTER 4. I buy it 1 year ago. The problem is that after make several shots, the limb bolts release and I have to adjust the bolts again. I have tried to fix with Loctite (special glue to bolt) but a short time later,
the bolts begin again to release.

Someone knows a solution?

Thanks.

RogerSr
12-06-2009, 08:49 AM
I would take the bolts all the way out, and check the threads on the bolts and barrel nuts to see if they are striped.

bfisher
12-06-2009, 10:20 AM
I had this problem with a P3 a couple years ago. The top limb bolt kept backing out. If you look at the side of the barrel nut you'll see it's threaded. What I did was install a couple set screws in the right side (RH bow) that had a brass tit on the end. This locked the limb bolts in place without messing up the threads on the bolts.

You might be able to find some with a nylon tit on the end that should work.

If you can't find anything PM me with your full name and address and I'll send you a couple.

Barry

SandSquid
12-17-2009, 05:30 AM
Hey Barry,

As the current owner of that P3 I wondered where those set screws came from and how to get some more.

Where did you get them from and what is their minimum order size?
I have 11 Martin bow's I would like to fit them onto.

Montalaar
12-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Martin produces those set screws. I think you can even find them in their spare parts catalog.

bfisher
12-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Hey Barry,

As the current owner of that P3 I wondered where those set screws came from and how to get some more.

Huh, so you like them things? 11 bows? Oh yeah, that's right. Got the whole family involved. I forgot.

Mine were part of a nice repair kit given me when I shot for Golden Eagle back in the late 90's. It has all the little spacers, axles, bushings, E-clips---you name it. I'll have to check my stock.

Nope I'm getting pretty low. Tell ya what. In Fastenal's catalog they are listed as Socket Set Screws. You can get nylon or brass tipped ones. I'm pretty sure they are 1/4"x20. The part number is 0134924 for nylon and 0134813 for brass tipped. This 1/4" long which should be good enough. You could probably get them at any Home Depot or Lowes, too. No price is listed, but they should be relatively inexpensive.

Hope this helps.

By the way, how's that shoulder coming along? I assume you're shooting by now. It is an addiction.

Barry

SandSquid
12-17-2009, 06:56 AM
11 bows?

Those are JUST the MARTIN's

Oh yeah, that's right. Got the whole family involved.

Hey I have three State Champions in th house, and not one of them is me.

Mrs.Squid declared she was shooting her Win&Win recurve this year, so she the only one not shooting a Martin right now. Sure wish I could fins an old Quest Riser for her!

By the way, how's that shoulder coming along?
Shot a 300/47X (http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=681297&d=1260315436) in practice last week (with your P3, BTW) ... not bad for a gimp armed hack.

RogerSr
12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey Sandsquid,
I just picked up a P3 with A cams that I'm switching to B cams, really like this short riser, even better then my Mystic I see why you like it so much.

brushrat
12-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey Barry,

ok...I'll bite! how does a top limb bolt loosen up by itself :confused::)??