PDA

View Full Version : I need a new target.

ezbite
12-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I Hope it's ok to ask this here. I need a new target. I Started with a layered foam block I got a gander mtn. It lasted 2 days before I was shooting thru it and hitting the wooden fence. at the recommendation of my pro and got a "tuff bag" from him of course.lol. It made it a week and I started shooting thru it. Now I've got the bag infront of the foam block and it made it about a week now and today my Firecat put an arrow thru both targets and about 10" into the wooden fence. I need a target that's going to last more than a week. Please suggest a new target to me.

timtim146
12-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Im going to suggest to you the Block. Lol its kind of pricey but it has out lasted any other target ive gotten. You should be happy with it :D

JohnnyThunder
12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
I have a target by buckmasters - its called buckmasters with some number on it or something, I don't know exactly what kind. Its the kind you can get for $40 at wal-mart. Its lasted a good long time, its made out of some layers of foam wrapped in material like a feed bag is made of.

And the rest of my targets are homemade. Get a bale of hay for $5 at the co-op, put the bale of hay inside a feed bag - I use the left over bags from the malt I buy when I make beer. Then put a spot of spray paint on the feed bag to shoot at. I shoot at a spot of paint or a post-it note stuck on the side.

AlienX
12-07-2009, 04:34 AM
Not to sound like a jerk but try not shooting at the same spot. i was having the same problem until i got a Morrel's six shooter given to me i just keep spinning it.

bfisher
12-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Apparently you are buying cheap targets. Something that costs a little more, but should last quite a while is Morrell's Outdoors Range bag. It's pretty big and has lots of spots on it so you can quit hammering the same spot all the time. When it starts shooting through a bit you take it down and stomp the B-jesus out of it and turn it around.

We use these at our archery club and the ones from 10-30 yards last about a year or a little better, but that's with many thousands of shots put in them.

alex
12-07-2009, 08:38 AM
The targets here are no less then 150$, so i only use large cardboard boxes filled with old newspapers and used A4 sheets of paper. No problem to stop an arrow from 55# bow or from 150# crossbow from 10 or less yards. :)