PDA

View Full Version : hand me down cheetah

mudnation 1
12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I would like to pass my cheetah down to my son, But can I purchase lighter # limbs for it and just slap them on?

bfisher
12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Is it a newer Cheetah? What year? Yes, you can get lighter limbs and put them on yourself if you know how, but you need to know what poundage he'd need so you can get the right limbs.

What are the limb numbers on it now and what is the weight range? How far do you want to drop the weight.

New limbs can be pretty expensive. Nearly $200 for 13" limbs. A better option would be to look in the classifieds on Archery Talk for used ones. Buy or maybe even trade.

Give the asked for info and we'll try to tell you what you need.

mudnation 1
12-10-2009, 11:38 AM
2008 model 55 to 70 limbs and I am looking to start him around 45 pounds. But if the limbs are to pricey I may just get him the leopard for his next birthday. I can always sale my cheetah to a hunting buddy. Thanks for your help

bfisher
12-10-2009, 11:55 AM
2008 model 55 to 70 limbs and I am looking to start him around 45 pounds. But if the limbs are to pricey I may just get him the leopard for his next birthday. I can always sale my cheetah to a hunting buddy. Thanks for your help

That's normally what I would have suggested. You sell yours. He gets a new bow and you keep some change in your pocket. Everybody's happy.

Ah so, but what are you going to shoot?

Good luck.

mudnation 1
12-11-2009, 04:34 AM
I have a 08 slayer for myself. You know daddy has to have the best toys.;)

bfisher
12-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I have a 08 slayer for myself. You know daddy has to have the best toys.;)

Excellent choice. I figured you'd have a toy hanging in the background somewhere.

mudnation 1
12-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Yea its in target color right now. I made a ridiculous bid on it on ebay still in the box and figured I would get out bid but I actually won. I got it for several hundred under MSRP. I havent even decided yet whether to trade it for a black or camo bow or just have it powdercoated. I havent even had a peep sight tied in yet.