PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Bow Model? SN 0669768

mantissa
12-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I just bought a used Cheetah bow but cannot tell the manufacture date and lack any other documentation.

The tag on the bow reads:
weight 55-70#
Draw: MP"
Bow: 0669768
Let Off: H
Shoot: 87.5
Split 35.75

I am a first time bow hunter and any help determining anything about this bow is appreciated. It doesn't have the "lightening" holes that I see in the new model cheetahs but it does have the cheetah "inset" picture on the bow itself so maybe this is a different cheetah model?

I appreciate any input.

My goal would be to have the correct manual and ID for the bow. Not sure what all the stuff on the tag means, too. :o

NEstickslinger
12-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I could be wrong, but I would say it is a 06 model. I say this because of the 06 in the begining of the serial number.:confused::rolleyes:

timtim146
12-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Thats usually what it means. Is that it was made in 2006 but i dont believe they made the chetah in 2006.

bfisher
12-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I just bought a used Cheetah bow but cannot tell the manufacture date and lack any other documentation.

The tag on the bow reads:
weight 55-70#
Draw: MP"
Bow: 0669768
Let Off: H
Shoot: 87.5
Split 35.75

I am a first time bow hunter and any help determining anything about this bow is appreciated. It doesn't have the "lightening" holes that I see in the new model cheetahs but it does have the cheetah "inset" picture on the bow itself so maybe this is a different cheetah model?

I appreciate any input.

My goal would be to have the correct manual and ID for the bow. Not sure what all the stuff on the tag means, too. :o

See if we can help:

55-70 is the weight range adjustablity
0669768....06 is the year of manufacture (ID?). 69768 is serial #.
MP means MPro cam
Letoff---H means High/80%
Shoot....87.5"......... length of the string
Split....37.75.........length of the cable

You shouldn't have any trouble with a manual. The manual for all the bows made that year is the same. It has information about every cam system and general info about their bows. Check Martin's website or any dealer should have one.

If you check Martin's website try going to the 2007 catalog, page 22-23. The Cheetah wasn't offered in 2006 so you probably have an early 2007 model.

Hopefully I have given you the right information for your particular bow. Can you post a picture to confirm?

bfisher
12-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Huh, these other guys posted while I was typing and researching. See, everybody gets in on the act here. Archers helping archers.

And welcome to the Tech Forum.

mantissa
12-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Here are the pictures of the bow for visual confirmation of your conclusions. And, might I say WOW... you people are quick to respond!

timtim146
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Hmm where does it say cheetah at? I dont believe this is a cheetah.

mantissa
12-10-2009, 12:28 PM
So is it an early 07 Cheetah model?

Now that you have the pictures can you say with reasonable certainty that this is, in fact, an early 2007 version of the Cheetah?

Thanks for your help. It is so cool to get this kind of enthusiastic response so quickly.

mantissa
12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
It doesn't say Cheetah anywhere... There is no indication of a model on this bow that I can see. I'm just assuming that the picture of the animal is a cheetah (but I always tell the people at work never assume anything).

Anybody shed any light if there are bows with no names (models)?

timtim146
12-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Well i say it is a martin jaguar. made in 2006. Never shot one before but im sure it is a great bow.

timtim146
12-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Im not totally sure about that but its what im guessing lol

mantissa
12-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Thank you for the clarification. If I may ask an opinion of what would be a good rest for this bow I would appreciate your suggestion(s). Primary use will be for whitetail deer.

Thanks

timtim146
12-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Well rests are preference but i can tell you what i like :D

I dont know how much money you are willing to spend on one but my personal favorite is the vapor trail limb driver. It is a drop away that the string runs to your limb instead of the cable. It is easy to set up and you can trust it time after time. A few other good rest are the Spot-Hogg whammy rest, the QAD ultra rest, and The ripcord fall away rest. These are all drop away rests where the rest drops away before it makes contact with the vanes. You can look them all up and pick what you like. Just dont mess with whisker biscuits please lol. But i hope this helps out and ill help with anything else you need. :D

bfisher
12-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Now I gotta reply again. That ain't no Cheetah. Now I'll go to the 2006 catalog and look.

Yep, most certainly it's a Jaguar. And it's a 2006 model and it's on page 24/25 in the 2006 catalog.

The cam is a Dynacam (single cam), cast magnesium riser and limb cups.

You post nice pictures young man. I see you have a two prong TM Hunter style rest. Stay with it for a while. They're fairly reliable. The sight is OK for now too. Am I seeing a hood for a two-piece quiver laying there? If so you don't need much of anything else. You're ready to go from what I can see.

Maybe you could update as time goes on, but for now I'd shoot it as is and learn. Now go find a local archery club and get involved a little. Make new friends and some hands on help. See what others are shooting and get their opinions. Lord knows, we all have biased opinions.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-10-2009, 04:39 PM
:eek:It is a jaguar and they are great bows. We own two of them, a 05 and a 07. My son owns one and my daughter owns the other. They both are quiet and accurate. Hope you enjoy it as much as my kids do.

Spiker
12-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah - I have a Jag just like that too. It's been a great bow. I have it set up now at just 42# and use it to shoot at geese out of a pit blind.

timtim146
12-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah BFisher is right again lol. Stick with the tm hunter rest you have on there. I shot with a tm hunter till last year. There trusty and pretty accurate so it will work just fine, and also i i think there good to learn with. Should be a fine setup for hunting. :D

timtim146
12-10-2009, 05:29 PM
What type of arrows are you shooting?

mantissa
12-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Regarding the arrows, I have 6-Monster Buck G- Perfomance HP 4000 55/75 ACA with 2" VaneTec fletches and 3- Monster Buck Hunter 4000 55/75 ACA with 4" fletches. All are 27" long not including the nock and only 4 (w/ 2" VaneTecs) have broadheads, but I am not sure what kind.

I would like advice (or personal suggestions :rolleyes: ) on what affordable practice points and broadheads to purchase for a beginner, too. And since you are sharing how about info on a release,too?

By the way, I am so stupid, on the outside of the bow in big letters : Mag Cat, Martin Magnum (I guess it's still a Jaguar???).

Thanks for the props on the pics. Here are pics of sections of the arrows I have.

Jeff

mantissa
12-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Stupidity pictures attached.

Also, Bfisher spotted the quiver hood in an initial picture and deduced I had the quiver. Man, I say that's sharp!

timtim146
12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Hmm never seen this bow but im guessing its a martin magcat with magnum limbs? lol Hmm idk and well im sure any practice points will work for you as long as they are all the same size. (i use 100 grain) And as for broadheads there are so many. I think the Cabela's FX-3 Broadheads are good broadheads for a cheap price only $24.99 and you get 6.
Another brodhead i like is the Magnus Stinger Four-Blade BuzzCut Broadhead. They cost $29.99 and you get 3. Both will kill about anything and its all about what you like. :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2009, 02:21 PM
The bow is the same as the Martin Jaguar. Dicks Sporting Goods just had it renamed to sell in their store. :D

mantissa
12-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Sweet. Thank you very much!

timtim146
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Lol ooooooo dam dicks renaming bows and fooling martin owners everywhere! :eek: haha