PDA

View Full Version : First Martin - Firehawk

fxdwgkd
12-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey guys I just got me a new Firehawk. Is there any of you on here that can give me any info on the bow. Do you like it or not. If not why? Thanks - Ryan

fxdwgkd
12-10-2009, 07:22 PM
No responses must be a good thing.

ezbite
12-11-2009, 03:12 AM
i think you should tell us how you like it. we cant respond if we like it and we dont own one:). i did look at one before i purchased my firecat, it sure has a small ATA. id think it pretty nice to stalk with. so tell us, hows it shoot?

fxdwgkd
12-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Just got it on Tuesday and it is not set up yet. I should have my rest and sights by next Monday. I shot it and the moab at a local shop and like them both. I went with the Firhawk because of the short ata. I will let you all know how she shoots when I get it set up and run some arrows through it.

fxdwgkd
12-21-2009, 08:34 AM
OK got the bow set up and shooting. It shoots very well and seems to be fast. The role over is pretty tough (first dual-cam bow I have had) but the backwall is solid as a rock. Can't wait to go hunting with it.

silverbullet28
12-21-2009, 08:45 AM
there isnt a firehawk for 2010, but i just got a 2010 bengal its camo with carbon fiber limbs and grips, its the 70# and 30" draw i love this bow its super fast and quiet and no vibrition at all its a great bow for under 400 dollars does anyone else have a bengal bow by martin?

Spiker
12-22-2009, 05:40 AM
there isnt a firehawk for 2010, but i just got a 2010 bengal its camo with carbon fiber limbs and grips, its the 70# and 30" draw i love this bow its super fast and quiet and no vibrition at all its a great bow for under 400 dollars does anyone else have a bengal bow by martin?

The Firehawk is listed in the 2010 catalog.

FireHawk Owner
12-29-2009, 01:30 PM
I Love mine had it for 4 months Shots great ,Im getting 303 FPS at 70 DW 29 DL before i just tuned it haven't had a chance to test since i tuned,Only thing i can see might be a problem is string[serving ] Rubbing,but is not that bad if u keep it waxed,also if u ever replace your cables for some reason ,go with a little smaller diameter Strings,and that will fix any rubbing,but I love this bow ,I've had may different brand bows in the past and i like this bow the most.Also Martin custumer service is great,they really back there bow,Welcome to the Martin Family;)

doczerothree@gmail.com
12-29-2009, 05:36 PM

I looked at Bengals, but it wasn't in this years budget. :(.Maybe next year;)
________
NX50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_NX50)

fxdwgkd
01-04-2010, 09:45 AM
I Love mine had it for 4 months Shots great ,Im getting 303 FPS at 70 DW 29 DL before i just tuned it haven't had a chance to test since i tuned,Only thing i can see might be a problem is string[serving ] Rubbing,but is not that bad if u keep it waxed,also if u ever replace your cables for some reason ,go with a little smaller diameter Strings,and that will fix any rubbing,but I love this bow ,I've had may different brand bows in the past and i like this bow the most.Also Martin custumer service is great,they really back there bow,Welcome to the Martin Family;)

Can I get a little more info? I nicked my string and have one strand brokend. I need to get new string any suggestions.

RobD
01-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Can I get a little more info? I nicked my string and have one strand brokend. I need to get new string any suggestions. I just got a new string for my FireHawk It cost me 20.00 + 5.00 shipping,they had the hole set for 50.00 here the company i used extremebowstrings.com phone #1-402-750-9621,that was the cheapest one i could find,It hasn't twisted a bit yet but its fairly new still.Hope that helps

golfisserious
01-05-2010, 09:43 AM
dakota strings is having a closeout sale... might not be the colors you want, but I hear they are pretty good strings, and you can prolly get what you want for less than 50 smackers...

http://www.stonemountainbowstrings.com/Closeoutlist.htm

that is the lists, with sizing, on closeout

here is where you order:

http://www.shopatron.com/products/category/658.0.1.1.1982.0.0.0.0

I use barracuda strings, so I can't vouch for these, but this is what martin puts on their premium bows... maybe someone here will have some thoughts

the dakotas are prestreched at 800lbs which helps with readjustment and stretching... the extremestrings mentioned above are stretched at 300lbs, definately something to consider, if you are shooting high weight arrows.

fxdwgkd
01-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Haven't been around in a while. Thanks for the info on the strings guys. Also are you guys using a quiver? If so wich quiver are you using. I just got a Trophy Ridge Cage 1 but it will not mount to the bow. Any help would be great.

Speedykills
06-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I use a quiki quiver works great......