PDA

View Full Version : New to Martin Moab

crrussell
12-10-2009, 01:59 PM
I am in the process of buying a 2008 Martin Moab that has only the string/cable (bare bow). 1. What quiver is a good one for hunting? 2. Which sights are recommended? 3. What release or type release? 4. What arrow rest? Martin suggested the Whisker Biscuit. 5. Anything I missed?

Thanks

timtim146
12-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Nice bow. What kind of money are you willing to spend?

RogerSr
12-10-2009, 04:29 PM
The last rest that I would put on a bow is the whisker biscuit, they are hard on flechings and slow down your arrows, try the Ripcord or the limbdriver, as for release I like handheld, but some like wrist strap, it's up to you what feels right to you, Quivers on a Martin bow I like a Martin Quiver, they mount so nice, good luck and enjoy!

crrussell
12-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Timtim146- I would rather spend the minimum. My wife is already watching me from the corner of her eye. Not more than $150.

RogerSr-thank you for your response.

Dave308
12-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Check the classifieds at archerytalk, you can find some real good deals there.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=20

timtim146
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Lol alright most of this stuff if preference but i can tell you what i like that is good equipment and that is cheaper.
Quiver: Alpine Archery Bear Claw 5-Arrow Quiver- $27.99
Sight: Truglo Brite-Site Xtreme Five-Pin Sight with Light- $34.99
Release: Scott Archery Caliper Wrist Strap Release- $49.99
Rest: This is a touchy one but i would say the limb driver, Spot hogg whammy rest, or QAD. All are great. I prefer the limb driver the most myself.
Limb driver:$89.99
Spot hogg whammy rest:$92.99
QAD:$49.99-$139.99
Also a cheap rest that works pretty good and is cheap is the Trophy Taker Xtreme SL Arrow Rest. It is $49.99.
Hoped this helps. Im sure you can go cheaper on a release but i figured that one would last you years and years for a decent price. I own that quiver and it is my favorite. I also own the sight and it is great for the price. And i recommend looking up the rests and picking one out on your own. But i hope i helped :]

oktx
12-14-2009, 12:18 PM
The last rest that I would put on a bow is the whisker biscuit, they are hard on flechings and slow down your arrows, try the Ripcord or the limbdriver, as for release I like handheld, but some like wrist strap, it's up to you what feels right to you, Quivers on a Martin bow I like a Martin Quiver, they mount so nice, good luck and enjoy!

The WB is the best HUNTING rest in the market. If they are hard on your vanes then you have sorry vanes. They MIGHT be 2-3 fps slower.:rolleyes: There are no moving parts to ever fail. Good luck with the failaway. JMO

scepterman30x
12-14-2009, 12:28 PM
The WB is the best HUNTING rest in the market. If they are hard on your vanes then you have sorry vanes. They MIGHT be 2-3 fps slower.:rolleyes: There are no moving parts to ever fail. Good luck with the failaway. JMO

It may me the simplest rest but it is by far not the "best".

riesopje
12-14-2009, 03:03 PM
I would tend to agree, the whisker biscuit is a great rest. I tested my arrows through the biscuit using a bare shafts and fletched arrows. The bare shafts shot 1 fps faster than the fletched arrows. When you're in the middle of nowhere, the simpler the rest the better, less to go wrong and the wb fits this. Great rest.