PDA

View Full Version : Martin Firecat Z-cam or newer cam conversions???

jcautrey
12-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Anybody know if Martin still sales the Z-cam conversion or of any other conversions for the Martin Firecat (older Model). I need to adjust the draw length from 30 to 28. Maybe someone would be willing to trade Modules.

scepter1158
12-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Do you have the z-cams on it now and you just need different mods to adjust draw? I have mods. What is on yours now? Do you want longer or shorter?

jcautrey
12-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I do not have Z cams I have Quik change energy cams. it is set at 30 inch draw length I need it to be a 28 inch draw length. I have shot the bow a few times and I have not had any problems with it. I am just being told to adjust the length.

scepter1158
12-12-2009, 03:33 PM
I have a set of the z-cams that I can sell you. These are the older ones. I have a ton of mods for them so if you wanted to change your cams I'm shure we can set you up. You would have to figure the string and cable tune on your own. Martin's string tune chart don't go back far enough to help you out. If you can tell me the A to A demention on your bow, I can get you close.

Rick

jcautrey
12-13-2009, 04:22 PM
The axle to axle is 40 3/4' here is some pictures of the bow also919

923. I really appreciate all the help with this.

scepter1158
12-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I am guessing that you will need in the neighborhood of a 62 3/8" string and 43 7/8" split cables. You are also going to need longer axles and the proper spacers to make it all work. I would need to know the width of your limbs at the tips to get you the right axles and spools. You can get the spacers you need from your local archery shop. I am also guessing you will need a #3 or #4 mod for the cams. I have the cams, mods, axles, and spools. You would need to get the string, cables, and spacers. If you know of someone or shop that has a lot of old strings and cables hanging around, you can find the correct string and cable length by test fitting them. You want to end up with the same A to A and brace height demension that you preasently have. I will sell you what I have for 40.00 tyd and work with you to make it work. If it don't work, I'll take it all back and refund your money less shipping. Let me know what you want to do. Once you figure what you need for string and cables, I can give you link where you can purchase a set for 29.00 with shipping made with 452x.

jcautrey
12-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks a lot I will get the measurements for as soon as possible. Also do you know what cams these are, I think they are quik change energy cams but I don'y know. As far as the string I believe the sticker said 59". I don't know I am going to do some more reaserch on the web. I do want change it over though. Is there a posibility of getting a better let off than 60% with the newer cams.

scepter1158
12-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't know what cams thoughs are. Those are before my archery time. The z-cams I have are either 70 or 75% letoff. I'm nor shure which. They are marked HL for high letoff. High letoff back then was 75% max.

jcautrey
12-17-2009, 08:39 AM
I am going to go ahead and do the conversion let me know a total price and if I could get a couple of draw modules from you just for more options and to make sure. Range would be 27" to 29" draw length if you have them. I will also make sure on the cables because it has a micro adjustment so the whole cable system might not have to get changed out and also get a definite measurement on the string to make it easier and also the brace height. Thank you for all the help I will probably start the process after the first. :D