PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Bulgaria

czechm8
12-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Looking for the rules and regulations of hunting in Bulgaria, can anyone help????

Thanx,
Czechm8

bfisher
12-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Should be some help available. Yell loud!!!!!!! Alex is from Bulgaria

ALEX......... where you at.

Montalaar
12-11-2009, 10:52 AM
I wondered where Alex gone some days ago..

Hunting with a bow is not allowed in Bulgaria. You could travel to Hungary for that purpose. If Alex chimes in he can give you some additional information.

alex
12-17-2009, 02:13 AM
Well, i'm back...Bowhunting in Bulgaria isn't forbidden anymore, but it also ain't allowed :rolleyes: The law was changed a year ago, but the country is in hard times (for the 100th time for the last 2 decades) and the additional laws concerning bowhunting aren't voted yet and i don't think they'll be soon.
If you hunt with a bow and kill something you'll certainly have problems if the authorities catch you...

Montalaar
12-17-2009, 05:15 AM
Welcome back Alex! We missed ya!

SandSquid
12-17-2009, 05:45 AM
Well, i'm back...Bowhunting in Bulgaria isn't forbidden anymore, but it also ain't allowed :rolleyes:
<snip>
If you hunt with a bow and kill something you'll certainly have problems if the authorities catch you...

So, it is OK to HUNT with a bow, it's just not OK to actually harvest anything?? :eek:
I think I should do quite well there as my freezer is now EMPTY of all meat!:(:(

alex
12-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks, Simon! :) SandSquid, it's a Catch 22, but if you are bold enough and know the right people you'll be ok. I don't and i'm not a hunter, so i use my bows for fun only.....and buy the meat from the grocery :D