PDA

View Full Version : Help please

jpermenter
12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
OK, I could be really dumb or just over looking something but I am trying to change the DL module on my cheetah and when I am tring to get the screws out i have run into a problem, one of them is under the edge of the limb and i cant get it out, I have included a picture, I have backed the limb bolts out a lot trying to loosen it up enough to get it out but nothing is working. I could probably just muscle it out but i am already jacking up the finish on it and I dont really want to do that. Please give any advice you can come up with

jpermenter
12-13-2009, 04:36 PM
here is the picture, I forgot to attach

jpermenter
12-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Ok, so I calmed down and stopped cursing it and backed the limb bolts out even more until i could rotate the cam backwards and that did it. Sorry for the useless post....maybe it will help someone in the future

copterdoc
12-13-2009, 06:28 PM
If you had tightened the limb bolt for the top limb, it would have pulled the bottom limb up, and exposed the screw, from behind the fork.

jpermenter
12-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks Copterdoc, Im still learning obviously and get frustrated easily if I cant just do something that seems remedial (even though I am pretty remedial) like changing the DL. and of course when I get frustrated I just stop thinking. Thanks again!

bfisher
12-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Something else you could have done and might try just to see the results is to squeeze the cable toward the riser with your hand. This should rotate the cam enough to get at that screw. In doing this you usually don't even have to loosen the limb bolts.

No need to apologize for the "useless rant". Until you learn some of this stuff it can be a bit frustrating. Believe me, most of us have been in the same situation somewhere along the way so we understand.