PDA

View Full Version : Need help tightening limb bolts

Snohunt
12-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Hey, I need some help tightening the limb bolts.. I am looking to turn up the #s on my Martin Saber to 70#s and when I look through the manual, it says all I have to do is take a 3/16ths allen wrench and turn it one full turn to add 3 lbs.. well, when I try to turn the bolts it is really difficult.. is this normal or what is the trick here? Any help on the proper procedure would be helpful.

Thanks!

copterdoc
12-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Back the bolts off half a turn and then tighten them. Your limbs could be bottomed out, and you will crack them, if you manage to tighten the bolts further.

ezbite
12-16-2009, 05:22 PM
heres the only place ive added any oil on my bow. i backed mine all the way out till i could see the ends of the bolts. places a few drops of gun oil on all exposed threads and cranked them in. seemed to help alot, but its still gonna be a bear when your close to max. remember to back off at least 1/2 a turn when you bottom out and tighten 2 turns at a time so your tightening evenly..

Snohunt
12-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys.. but I can barely if at all tighten the bolts any more than a 1/8 of turn currently. It was supposed to come from the factory at 60#s.. is it normally this difficult.. I can't help but think I am going to damage the bow if I try to tighten if its already this difficult.

timtim146
12-17-2009, 10:58 PM
If the bow reads 60# on the sticker then that means 60# is its max and that you already have it maxed out. Is the limb touching the riser? If so then your bow will not go to 70 pounds.

ezbite
12-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Is this a new bow? Is there a gap between the lmbs and the riser? If no gap your already maxed out. If it's a used bow maybe someone put the wrong bolts in and your hitting bottom.