PDA

View Full Version : what type of peep sight to use?

Dark Halo
12-16-2009, 09:54 PM
what type of peep sight would be best for hunting use? I have a hard time using the factory sight on my 09 cheetah. If it helps I have a tru glo 5 pin sight up front. Also how much will the tube tied hood sight slow my bow down?

timtim146
12-17-2009, 12:07 AM
I say after you put about 250-350 shots through your cheetah then you should put a g5 meta peep on. Also the tube on a peep site will slow it down anywhere from 8-15 fps so i say dont mess with the tubes lol ;)

Hoosieroutdoorsman
12-17-2009, 01:19 AM
I use a G5 Meta Peep, have been looking at the string splitter peep and have heard alot of guys saying how it opens up the total sight picture better than a standard peep. I quit using tubed peeps several years ago, they are noisy and if the tube breaks and it will you get whacked it the eye every time.

Dark Halo
12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
what size of the g5 peep should I start with the 3/16

RogerSr
12-17-2009, 02:06 PM
what size of the g5 peep should I start with the 3/16

I use 1/8" for my hunting Bows.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-17-2009, 02:08 PM
I use a G5 Meta Peep, have been looking at the string splitter peep and have heard alot of guys saying how it opens up the total sight picture better than a standard peep. I quit using tubed peeps several years ago, they are noisy and if the tube breaks and it will you get whacked it the eye every time.

A word of caution: The String Splitter Mini, Junior and the largest String Splitter all weigh from 20 grains and up. My Dad had the Mini on his Bengal and that was one of the reasons it was noisy. He switched to a Eastman aluminum peep that only weighs approximately 7 grains.

Spiker
12-17-2009, 04:25 PM
I use 1/8" for my hunting Bows.

I use the 1/8" on my hunting bows also but I think it depends on the size of your sight ring and distance between it and the peep.
I like one that fits tight around the sight ring for my set-up.

Spiker
12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I use the 1/8" on my hunting bows also but I think it depends on the size of your sight ring and distance between it and the peep.
I like one that fits tight around the sight ring for my set-up.

oh yeah - I use the G5 because of the light weight...