PDA

View Full Version : crack on the limb of firecat 08

richyman
12-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Today,I found a crack on the top limb of my firecat 08.Yesterday I had shooted with it. If I should change it or continue to use it. I am a chinese in China. Who can I contact?
THANKS!

Montalaar
12-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Change it as soon as possible and DO NOT shoot it!

Where did you purchase the bow? You should be able to get new limbs from that store as this is a case of warranty.

richyman
12-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Change it as soon as possible and DO NOT shoot it!

Where did you purchase the bow? You should be able to get new limbs from that store as this is a case of warranty.

I bought it in Shanghai China.But now there is no limbs for my bow in the store, he said it needs to order from USA, one month at least.That means I can not shoot in one month.:(

richyman
12-20-2009, 03:39 AM
I have changed the limb this year. it wil be the second time.There are the same problem, crack on the top limb.Why it always likes that?

Montalaar
12-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Get your bow checked for problems. There must be another problem causing your top limb to fail. You might want to get a set of newer CAT-Cams also as they have been changed in the meantime due to some problems with the limbs.

What weight are your arrows?

richyman
12-20-2009, 07:21 AM
Get your bow checked for problems. There must be another problem causing your top limb to fail. You might want to get a set of newer CAT-Cams also as they have been changed in the meantime due to some problems with the limbs.

What weight are your arrows?

Hi Montalaar.Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I have the same doubt. There must be anther problem who cause the top limb to fail-perhaps is the meantime of the cams.But it seems that Martin can only change the limbs for me, a set of newer cat-cams,is it possible? I think it is not the problem of the arrow weight.I usually use the arrow min 440 grain for 70#.

elkslayer4x5
12-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the forum. Very nice photo of a nasty looking crack, don't shoot it. My question for you is; Is hunting allowed in China?

Montalaar
12-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Okay, the arrow weight seems to be right.

Martin can change the Cams and the limbs. As this is not the first time with your bow your pro shop in Shanghai should be able to get a new set of limbs, cams, axles and strings/cables for ya. Everything beside the strings/cable is covered by Martins warranty!

richyman
12-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Welcome to the forum. Very nice photo of a nasty looking crack, don't shoot it. My question for you is; Is hunting allowed in China?

it is a good question. Here,using bow to shoot target is allowed.We have no tools like gun, crossbow in hand, beacause they are weapons and prohibitted to hold.

richyman
12-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Okay, the arrow weight seems to be right.

Martin can change the Cams and the limbs. As this is not the first time with your bow your pro shop in Shanghai should be able to get a new set of limbs, cams, axles and strings/cables for ya. Everything beside the strings/cable is covered by Martins warranty!

OK!Thank you for your help!

bfisher
12-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Richyman,

Welcome to the Tech Forums. Those are some mighty fine pictures. Nice and clear and quite timely, too. The crack you are showing is almost a twin to the one I had on the top limb of my FireCat.

So far Simon has given you good advice. You need to take the bow back to a Martin dealer who should handle this under the terms of the warranty.

Simon, you reading this? My cracked limb looked exactly like that. Split is in the same place and as it goes into the limb fork it goes diagonally.

richyman
12-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Richyman,

Welcome to the Tech Forums. Those are some mighty fine pictures. Nice and clear and quite timely, too. The crack you are showing is almost a twin to the one I had on the top limb of my FireCat.

So far Simon has given you good advice. You need to take the bow back to a Martin dealer who should handle this under the terms of the warranty.

Simon, you reading this? My cracked limb looked exactly like that. Split is in the same place and as it goes into the limb fork it goes diagonally.

Who is Simon,the cumstor service of Martin?What happened on your bow, due to the cam timing? Shanghai is about 1300km away from my city,I'd like to change them myself if I had the new limbs and cams.

Jake-the-snake
12-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Lol simon is actually montalaar's real name, I think, but bfisher, when my top limb cracked, it looked just like that too!

richyman
12-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Lol simon is actually montalaar's real name, I think, but bfisher, when my top limb cracked, it looked just like that too!

Lol I think he is. But I don't understand why always is the top limb cracked.Who can explain it? Thanks!

Montalaar
12-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Oh, when my lower limb of my Razor cracked it looked just the same. Beside that it broke the whole way down to the screw holding the limb. So i might know what you have seen, Barry... ;)

I'm quite happy that there are new limbs that promise to hold longer..

Hmm.. Me and customer service? I am not so sure if this would work... :P

bfisher
12-21-2009, 05:25 AM

Richyman, sorry for the confusion. This explains who Simon is. There are several of us on here who have become quite comfortable with using first names.

Too bad about the distance to your dealer. 1300 K is about 800 miles, quite a long drive---joking of course.

I don't know what options you have. I know changing limbs is not hard at all. Maybe you could call that dealer and he could order the parts for you. Then when they get to him he could ship them to you. I honestly don't know what the proper protocol would be in your situation. Maybe you could just deal with Martin customer service directly. They may accomodate you.

richyman
12-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Richyman, sorry for the confusion. This explains who Simon is. There are several of us on here who have become quite comfortable with using first names.

Too bad about the distance to your dealer. 1300 K is about 800 miles, quite a long drive---joking of course.

I don't know what options you have. I know changing limbs is not hard at all. Maybe you could call that dealer and he could order the parts for you. Then when they get to him he could ship them to you. I honestly don't know what the proper protocol would be in your situation. Maybe you could just deal with Martin customer service directly. They may accomodate you.

Hi,bfisher.Thank you for your replying! Yes, the distance is very long for me to drive.I have e-mail to Martin customer service two days ago,but I haven't received any reponse from there.If they are preparing the coming chrismas,nobody care that? I have called my dealer, he promised he would contact Martin.I think It will be a long time waiting(Chrismas, new year):(
So,boys here,Joyeux Nol et Bonne anne 2010.:)

richyman
12-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Is Joel C on AT forum the martin customer service, Bfisher? How can I contact him? Seems that he is very busy now, no e-mail, no PM.

bfisher
12-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes, JoelC on AT is one of Martin's tech reps. I just talked to him today. He's a bit hard to contact on AT because he does not accept PM's or emails through AT. The only way I know to contact him is by calling customer service at Martin and asking for him.

richyman
12-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Calling him is not existing for me from China.Is there any other C.S colud be contacted by e-mail, Bfisher? Thanks!

scepter1158
12-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I may be able to shed some light on this top limb cracking problem with the Firecats. I noticed on my Firecat tonight while I was tuning it, (I replaced the shooting string) that the top cam had more lean than the bottom cam at full draw. Actually, it is "limb twist". It was so bad, and has always been that way since I owned the bow, that the cable on the top cam would not track correctly in the cable groove. I did nothing to the cables. As I was tuning it, twisting the cables to rotate my cams into optimal possition, the cable tracking problem got worse and at one point jumped off the cam at full draw. That was exciting! So, I looked hard at what was going on at full draw and noticed that the possition of the cables in regards to what side they cross may be the problem. So, I crossed the cables so that the cable that hooks to the bottom cable peg on the top cam rides on the outside of the other cable where they cross. Now, the limb twist is about even from top to bottom the cables track the same on the top and bottom cam and it don't jump off the cam anymore. The way it was set up before, the top limb was twisting way more than the bottom limb. It just may be that a bunch of these bows where put together the way mine was and the severe upper limb twisting took it's tole and finally cracked the limb. Just a thought. You might want to check your bows and see how they are set up.

bfisher
12-22-2009, 06:50 AM
You know. I never thought of that. I'll be sure and pay attention to this little detail when I get my new cams. Thanks.