PDA

View Full Version : Limb lost color string and cables shot after 5 months

12-20-2009, 10:02 AM
hello i bought a martin chetta 5 months ago and the limbs color is gone its black,also i shoot this bow maybe 2 times in a moth and now the factory strig and cables are shot. i would like to know if martin would fix this for me thanks mike

Montalaar
12-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Martin will fix your bow with new limbs.

I see that your top limb and idler wheel may have bad lean. This could be the reason why the whole string starts to fray and will cause some problems in the near future. This can be corrected with the Yoke cables. Get yourself a new set of limbs and string from martin and make sure that your top limb/idler do not lean in the near future or you will get the same problems again!

If there is no lean (you could easily measure it) you might want to get another cable guard with an offset as it seems that your cables are pulled quite far away.

12-20-2009, 03:06 PM
ok cool so do i have to send the bow in to martin

bfisher
12-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Martin will request that you take the bow to a qualified dealer for inspection and repair. The dealer should, upon inspection, decide what is needed and contact Martin for the necessary parts.

Simon mentioned possible cam lean issue which is chewing up the string. It does appear that the string is rubbing the edge of the cam and causing premature wear. This may be corrected by twisting the yoke cable to straighten out the idler wheel, but I'd leave this up to the dealer. However you should keep a better eye on your equipment and don't let strings get this bad in the first place. Correct issues before they become major problems.