PDA

View Full Version : String route

RobD
12-22-2009, 09:37 PM
[2009 Firehawk Dual Cat Cams] Does this look right,Is the string above my module suppose to be running in rail of module,and if is right why is that string touching the module,isn't that going to wear,I should have took a picture of the other cam, servers already pulled loose,really lost with this,thank u for all that help.

Spiker
12-22-2009, 11:18 PM
* Are the ends of the screws that hold the module onto the cam flush with the module or do they protrude a few threads?

* If you look at the modules/cams straight-on (like you are holding the bow) is the inside 'flange' (side that is against the cam) of the module narrower than the outside or about the same?

* Can you post another pic of the cam straight-on from the end rather than the side?

The cables do sit VERY close to the module. The serving on the factory strings is rather fat and may rub along the module causing wear.
If you have the early modules that were thicker Martin may replace them for you.
You can also reserve your strings with a thinner material (Halo) to give them more clearance.

RobD
12-23-2009, 12:07 AM
yes the screws r flush with the cam,and the module is against the cam,and yes inside of module is narrower then outside.

RobD
12-23-2009, 08:51 AM
* Are the ends of the screws that hold the module onto the cam flush with the module or do they protrude a few threads?

* If you look at the modules/cams straight-on (like you are holding the bow) is the inside 'flange' (side that is against the cam) of the module narrower than the outside or about the same?

* Can you post another pic of the cam straight-on from the end rather than the side?

The cables do sit VERY close to the module. The serving on the factory strings is rather fat and may rub along the module causing wear.
If you have the early modules that were thicker Martin may replace them for you.
You can also reserve your strings with a thinner material (Halo) to give them more clearance.

How do i tell if i have the earlier thicker module or thinner one.

Spiker
12-23-2009, 11:05 AM
The modules on mine are .245" wide. My strings are served with Halo and I have a credit card width of space between the cable and edge of module on the top cam and slightly less than that on the bottom but it does not touch.
The cable that comes off the outside of the top cam runs thru the inside roller (string side) of the ccs and the one off the bottom cam runs thru the outside roller.

RobD
12-23-2009, 05:47 PM
ok then it is routed correctly,after looking at the server wearing,n coming apart, i seen it was rubbing on module,that why i asked if it was right,so i will go and get it re serve with thinner serving material,[halo] Thanks so much for ur help[Spiker],also for the link to that forum ,that explains a lot of question i had,now trying to make it work on my bow.LOL