View Full Version : cable guard replacement

06-22-2006, 01:32 AM
I need to replace my cable guard. The guard bar is 5/16 dia.
Would this take a 3/8 hole in the cable guard?

06-22-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm not sure i understand the question but most cable slides have the same sized hole in them. I would get a replacemnt rod from your dealer or a piece of aluminum rod the same diameter as the original rod. If you just replacing the plastic piece get one of the white ones, they are a harder plastic. After you get it take a round file and radius the edges though.

06-22-2006, 02:23 AM
It depends on the model of the bow and the type of cable guard (rod). Some of the older prowlers and cougars had one size and the newer bows like slayrs have a larger rod.