PDA

View Full Version : Signal Fuzion Cam Martin Phantom

greaver17
12-24-2009, 11:52 AM
I have a question for anyone who might be able to help. I have a Martin Phantom Signal Fuzion Cam bow. I don't know the exact year but I think it's a 2001 or 2002. I was shooting it this fall sighting it in when the string hit my arm and snapped the string when I released it. I bought a new string from Martin and I picked up a portable bow press to put the string back on. Before I do this I was just wondering what the chances would be that there is damage to the bow and if I should attempt to do this myself or have a professional put the new one on. I'm a little concerned that maybe the bow might break when I try to press the bow myself because I don't know if the bow could be damaged from snapping back or not.

Also if anyone has a good how to guide on restringing a single cam bow that would be awesome as I have never done this before. I want to try and do it myself as I just started getting serious into bow hunting and I want to learn as much about it as I can.

Thanks for any info in advanced!

alex
12-24-2009, 03:26 PM
First of all you don't need a bowpress for the Martin bows - you just turn the limb bolts till your string and cable are loose. You must check and remember the position of the strings on the cams or better take a picture of them. There's a good site - bowtuningtips.com or you can also see Youtube about string changing. Just inspect carefully the bow (limbs) for any damage before doing it.

greaver17
12-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Oh I did not know that... thanks for the advise. However, I didn't even think to take a picture of the cams before. When the string snapped everything was just dangling there so I took it off. That's my rookie mistake.

I'll try just loosening it and figure it out from there. Thanks.

alex
12-24-2009, 04:00 PM
You're welcome! If you have any problems with the bow ask here. I'm not familiar with these cams, but there are far more experienced Martin owners here who will be glad to help you.

greaver17
12-25-2009, 06:16 PM
I have one more question. I managed to get my string back on the bow. Loosening the limbs worked great you were right about not needing a bow press. However, I noticed that when I put my new string on there isn't any serving around the top cam wheel. Is this a problem? Do I need to have the string served around the cams. I'm guessing I do to prevent wear.

The other thing I noticed was that when I draw the bow back at the upper part of the string at full draw the string seems like it is loose like there is some strands that aren't holding tight. Will wax fix this problem? Or what?

Thanks for the help!
Happy Holidays!!!

RogerSr
12-25-2009, 11:09 PM
The Fuzion cam, is a single cam bow, there is one cam and one idler wheel,and there is no serving over the idler wheel, and if the string has loose strands, you need to put some twest in it,

greaver17
12-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Oh OK... thanks... I wasn't sure because the old string that I had on there had serving on it over that idol wheel. So when this one didn't have any I was uncertain. If it needed it or not.

The other question I had was the cable slide I have broke also. I bought a new one but I wasn't sure if I put the right string through the right slot on the slide. The slide I bought was the same as the one I had on but again didn't pay attention to it when I took it off. It's the Limbsaver Teflon cable slide. it's white and it had one short slot and one longer slot. Not sure which cable goes in which slot any help would be great. Thanks.

brushrat
12-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Oh OK... thanks... I wasn't sure because the old string that I had on there had serving on it over that idol wheel. So when this one didn't have any I was uncertain. If it needed it or not.

The other question I had was the cable slide I have broke also. I bought a new one but I wasn't sure if I put the right string through the right slot on the slide. The slide I bought was the same as the one I had on but again didn't pay attention to it when I took it off. It's the Limbsaver Teflon cable slide. it's white and it had one short slot and one longer slot. Not sure which cable goes in which slot any help would be great. Thanks.

slide it onto the rod short slot 1st. Now place the string into the short slot and the cable into the long slot. The cable would be the one that has yoke.:)good luck.

golfisserious
12-26-2009, 12:02 PM
in searching for some info on string twisting and increasing ibo by doing such I ran into a post someone wrote about checking limbs with a piece of silk or glass cleaning cloth...if there are any cracks, its supposed to "snag" or hang up...

don't know if this is correct... but it probably couldn't hurt, if you are concerned...if nothing else maybe increase your confidence in the integrity of the limbs...

good luck

greaver17
12-27-2009, 08:00 PM
I appreciate everyones advice. Thanks for the help. I put everything together with the help of all these great tips and got the bow shooting. I actually got a squirrel today so I know it's shooting straight.:)