PDA

View Full Version : for all you Firecat owners

Jake-the-snake
12-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Ok I have a little question, when I got my replacement limbs, that little info sticker that is usually on the bottom limb is missing, n since I'm thinking about getting new strings, I was just wondering what the actual specs are for an 08 Firecat Pro-x...the only reason I ask is cuz I don't know if the spec charts are correct... Also does anyone have custom lengths that get the most performance out of the bow? Thanks for all and any help, and merry christmas to all :D

scepter1158
12-25-2009, 10:15 AM
OK. The string lenght is 54 1/2. Cable length is 38 1/4. Brace heigth is 7" and A to A is about 32 1/4 after you twist up the cables to get the cams rotated correctly. Make sure that you cross the cable that hooks on the lower peg on the upper cam on the outside of the other cable. If you don't, the upper limb twist will be quite severe.

Jake-the-snake
12-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Ok thanks for the help, now do I have to oreder 2 cables for the bow? I think I'm gonna go through Vapor Trail, as I here a lot of good stuff, and do I need to tell them the serving lengths? And will I be able to change the strings by myself without a bowpress? Once again thanks for all the help :)

scepter1158
12-26-2009, 10:29 AM
You can change the string and cables without a press. Just loosen the limb bolts. They are plenty long. I have also used a lap press with no problems. Just have to move the STS rod out of the way so the cable on the press doesn't rub on it and leave a mark.

Jake-the-snake
12-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Alright sweet, thanks :) but do I still need to order 2 cables for the bow? And will the string company (vapor trail) serve the string for me?

RogerSr
12-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Alright sweet, thanks :) but do I still need to order 2 cables for the bow? And will the string company (vapor trail) serve the string for me?

All two cam bows come with two cables, unless there a shoot through, so why would you not order two cables?
and I've never got a set of custom strings and cables that were not served, that is part of the service.

Jake-the-snake
12-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Ok thank you everyone, all the info was very helpful, but umm one last question, sorry lol, but do I need to tell them the serving lengths? And where to put them? Or should they already know?

RogerSr
12-26-2009, 10:17 PM
They will know, just give them the make and model,and you might want to tell them to put serving for your STS

Jake-the-snake
12-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Alright so last night I twisted up my cables, and everything is in spec...32 1/2" A2A, 7" BH and the cams are wrapped up good, but now when I draw my bow, there is a clicking noise about half way through draw cycle, my bow never had this before, does anyone know what it is? And it is not a cracked limb...

ezbite
12-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Have someone watch your upper module. Mine was clicking. I removed the module sanded and buffed the edges That the serving rides over with a green dish scowering pad. Seemed like an edge where the cable serving would drop off creating a popping sound. After I did the sanding and buffing it went away, also check and make sure your module screws are tight. But I bet it's commng from the upper limb.