PDA

View Full Version : String twisting question

FireHawk Owner
12-26-2009, 10:13 PM
I have a 09 Firehawk,i have the cams tuned right now, it shots very true,but i'm only getting 302 FPS, with nothing on it but peep sight and string loop,i'm trying to get more speed,when i bought this bow in febuary,it was rated for 315-320 FPS,i also seen 325 + fps on another sight,my question is ,now it is since the cams are in sink can i add some twist to my string and same amount to my bus cable keeping it the same amount of twist to each putting more tork on my limbs,or even advancing my cams a little,and still be in tune?

golfisserious
12-27-2009, 09:50 AM
don't twist your shooting string... other than that, tinker with what you will.. if you own a chrono or have a shop close by, do it up... post the the results...probably get more of it it by tuning it to an absolutely perfect centershot than anything else.

bfisher
12-27-2009, 10:28 AM
It would be very helpful if you list your complete setup in detail. Bow's draw weight and measured draw length. What ll is on the string. What's the mass weight of the arrow? These things all contribute to the speed the bow can get.

Bear in mind that the rated IBO speed is with bow drawing 70# at 30" draw shooting a 350gr arrow with nothing on the string. Very very few hunting setups have any chance of achieving the IBO rating.