PDA

View Full Version : Broken String

RobD
12-27-2009, 06:36 PM
I just broke my draw string,the other cables are fine,can i just get a draw string cable or do i have to replace all the cables,If not ,the new string i get,does it have to be same brand as my other cables that i am keeping,also can i get a cable from any archery shop,or do i have to get on from a martin dealer,martin dealer is 2 1/2 hours away,i have a mathews dealer 10 minutes from house?Also what is a good brand cable to get.Thank u in advance.

bfisher
12-27-2009, 06:52 PM
It doesn't need to be a string from Martin. Just be sure and get the right length. If you have a choice ask for one made from BCY452X, but being a Mathews dealer he might try to push a Zebra string on you. Turn it down.

RobD
12-27-2009, 07:02 PM
It doesn't need to be a string from Martin. Just be sure and get the right length. If you have a choice ask for one made from BCY452X, but being a Mathews dealer he might try to push a Zebra string on you. Turn it down.

Thank u for the quick response,i was freaking out,feel at little better now i know i can jump shop to shop,rather then driving all that way ,got to take off first thing in the morning to find one.If not i will be going threw withdraws LOL thanks B fisher.

RobD
12-28-2009, 12:17 AM
2009 firehawk ,i am looking on bow charts,on main page it says my string is 51.5 is that 51 1/2 or is it 51 5/8 ?

Montalaar
12-28-2009, 01:34 AM
That means 0.5 = 1/2".

And please insist to NOT get a Zebra string... Worst string ever.

RobD
12-28-2009, 08:41 AM
well looks like i have to order one,no one has one in stock,does anyone have any suggestions a good string[company]

SandSquid
12-28-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm partial to my own, but if I had to I'd order one from Philip McMahan creator of the Little Jon bowstring jig. ( http://www.bowstringjigs.com/ )

bfisher
12-28-2009, 09:33 AM
There are lots of places to get a string made. www.prostrings.com, Vapor Trail, H&M.. Get on AT and do a search. I want to get from H&M one of these days. Why don't you do me a favor and be a guinea pig for me.

RobD
12-28-2009, 11:29 AM
There are lots of places to get a string made. www.prostrings.com, Vapor Trail, H&M.. Get on AT and do a search. I want to get from H&M one of these days. Why don't you do me a favor and be a guinea pig for me.LOLll
LOL I found one on Extremebowstrings.com ended up ordering all new strings with a little smaller diameter,so i have a little more clearance with my model,i was having some wear issues with serving.so maybe i'll get a little more speed out of it also,who knows,i'll post up how it works out after i get them,

Stevet
12-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I just put one on my Saber. Seems fine to me? Am I missing something?

bfisher
12-28-2009, 04:11 PM
I just put one on my Saber. Seems fine to me? Am I missing something?

Yes, you probably are missing something. Do a search for Zebra Strings over on www.archerytalk.com to find out opinions from a lot of experienced shooters. Zebra strings are what used to come as standard equipment on those expensive Mathews bows. Most serious shooters found them to be, let's just say, less than desirable. I'll let the posters on AT say it for me.

I used to work in an archery pro shop that sold Zebras. They made a lot of money for the owner. Most cost between $32 and $35. The shame of it was that I could sell a comparable quality Tailor Maid string for less than $12. End result was the owner was making more money and the customer was paying for a name. Fact being that neither of these strings were of very good quality, but one cost 3 times more than the other.

Stevet
12-28-2009, 05:35 PM
I only paid $11 (delivered) on eBay from some guy who had a ton of them and was dumping them for whatever he could get. While I am happy with it, will look for something better next time.